2001 seadoo challenger 1800 240 efi excessive smoke burns too much fuel

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFish

Good morning, I have been dealing with excessive smoke and extremely excessive fuel consumption since las season. I spent a ton of time chasing the issue. After reading posts about this issue all the way back to 2012, I have check and replace the following spark plugs, port side temp sensor, fuel/water separator, in line fuel filter, high pressure fuel pump, sent injector out and had them tested ,cleaned, and rebuilt, checked spark on all cylinders with a spark tester, compression test all cylinders match at 140psi. Now I'm down to the tps. With the temp sensor disconnected and the key on. At idle I am getting 1.6v. And wot 3.4v. Thru the sweep it is a. It erratic but only by .3 of a volt. I believe my tps is faulty because it looks like I should get 7.46v at wot. I adjusted the tps to max. At idle I have 2.8v and wot is still only 4.1v. I haven't put it in the water since adjusting it. Before I order the sensor, I was wondering what your opinion is.
Ps, my trigger went bad last year. The wiring was corroded and broken.

I put it in the water! Excessive smoke is gone!!! My question still is seeing I only have 4.4v at wot. Will this be an issue with fuel trim??? The last thing I want to do is run lean at wot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back