2001 Sea Doo GTX DI Rave Valve Issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeadooMaster

After storing my Sea Doo for winter I got it out of the shed last Saturday, put the battery and fresh plugs in the engine. Fired right up but was running funky... Loss of RPM's and when I hooked the hose up to the Intake the hull began to fill with water. Finally figured out the issue but need help finding what I need to fix it. The Waterbox Rave Valve or otherwise known as the pressure release valve (not located on engine) was leaking water. This may not seem like a big problem but this valve is what brings water to and from the engine and without the correct amount of pressure the hose could melt and potentially seize the engine. Im not sure what to do... There is no parts available and its not worth bringing it to the mechanic because thats money down the drain when I know what the problem is. Let me Know, Thanks.

Evan

Hooked what hose to what intake?

The "rave on the waterbox" is the Water Regulator. When i get a new project ski, one of the things I do before hitting the lake for maiden voyage is take the black cap off of the water regulator, and pull the diaphragm assembly out for inspection. 99% of time it still has the metal spring clip that pierces the diaphragm as it moves up and down. Thus putting a hole in it and water will come out of the weep hole on the bottom of the water regulator housing. This kills RPMs range and power.

Best is to replace the black rubber diaphragm, but they are pricey new. I repair all mine with 3m 5200 adhesive sealant. It may sound like overkill but I never have to repair them again. Remove the rusted metal spring clip ( seadoo was pretty good about everything on ski being stainless steel, guess they forgot on this part ) they are always rusted, clean the diaphragm and dry it then apply the 3m 5200 to the pierced hole. Once it is setup re-assemble everything. Here is the cool part, instead of the metal spring clip or even a tie wrap i use a rubber o-ring that fits nice and tight to hold the diaphragm neck tight to the main shaft of the assembly. Works great.

Rob

Hooked what hose to what intake?

The "rave on the waterbox" is the Water Regulator. When i get a new project ski, one of the things I do before hitting the lake for maiden voyage is take the black cap off of the water regulator, and pull the diaphragm assembly out for inspection. 99% of time it still has the metal spring clip that pierces the diaphragm as it moves up and down. Thus putting a hole in it and water will come out of the weep hole on the bottom of the water regulator housing. This kills RPMs range and power.

Best is to replace the black rubber diaphragm, but they are pricey new. I repair all mine with 3m 5200 adhesive sealant. It may sound like overkill but I never have to repair them again. Remove the rusted metal spring clip ( seadoo was pretty good about everything on ski being stainless steel, guess they forgot on this part ) they are always rusted, clean the diaphragm and dry it then apply the 3m 5200 to the pierced hole. Once it is setup re-assemble everything. Here is the cool part, instead of the metal spring clip or even a tie wrap i use a rubber o-ring that fits nice and tight to hold the diaphragm neck tight to the main shaft of the assembly. Works great.

Rob
+1 to everything he said. if you cant find an o-ring, use a small zip tie, but make sure to cut the excess off FLUSH so it wont poke another hole. don't ask me how I know

+1 to everything he said. if you cant find an o-ring, use a small zip tie, but make sure to cut the excess off FLUSH so it wont poke another hole. don't ask me how I know

Yup, i buy the viton o-ring kits from harbor freight, there is one o-ring in there that fits tight and works good.

Rob

Yup, i buy the viton o-ring kits from harbor freight, there is one o-ring in there that fits tight and works good.

Rob
Nice, I've been wanting to buy that kit but I always end up with a bunch of other random stuff first haha

I ended up using a Zip Tie, Sealed the hole and works great now everything sits flush so I don't have to worry about it leaking, at the end of the season I might just replace the hole thing. Thank you so much for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back