2001 RX DI 2 stroke won't crank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JLout

I have recently purchased a SUPER CLEAN AND WELL TAKEN CARE OF seadoo RXDI 2 seater it is a 2001 model not even 100 hrs, on this machine .
it has been running FANTASTIC until last weekend my son meet a boat and when he hit the wave it just quit and hasn't cranked since !! I have checked fuses and have great spark , also can hear the fuel pump load up when the key is first plugged in then I hear the fuel bleed back into the fuel tank to release the line psi when you don't try and start IT any suggestions ??? thanks for your input ..

Well to me "turn over" and "crank" are the same thing. You mean it doesn't start? Sounds like a fuel problem, do you have the capability to check the fuel pressure? I know there were changes between 01 and 02 for the RX DIs and I have an 02 and 03.

ok my bad the engine will spin over with good fire from the plugs just won't start . my guess is that it has something to do with fuel not getting in or through the fuel rail into the cylinders?? I'm just not really that familiar with this direct injection system .

I would Check all the lines going to the air compressor and make sure something hasn’t popped off or split. Might be as simple as the line going from the air compressor to the back of the fuel rail.
Can also be checked by checking fuel pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back