2001 m2 240 - obd port location, both pumps dead

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroMan

Hi chaps, trying to get it running, spark on all 6 (only when I remove bk/yellow kill wire) and single beep coming on.. hoping ecm is fine..

But neither pumps are priming despite getting power.. pulling the hi pressure pump today to clean and bench test.. Anything else?

Any idea where the obd port is? Looked everywhere cant find it..

Tx

20190514_161711~2.jpg

Hi chaps, trying to get it running, spark on all 6 (only when I remove bk/yellow kill wire) and single beep coming on.. hoping ecm is fine..

But neither pumps are priming despite getting power.. pulling the hi pressure pump today to clean and bench test.. Anything else?

Tx

Tx

View attachment 40586
Do you hear the lift pump with key on? Someone here said that they had rebuilt that pump. I replaced mine from Rock Auto with generic MARINE low pressure pump.

The VST (injector) pump is a different story. The pump is inside (I know- obvious). If the engine sat for a long time, the gas/oil inside turns to goo. Common problem- the float needle (aluminum) corrodes to the (brass) seat, preventing gas from entering pump housing. There is a drain plug at the bottom of the housing. Fuel pressure should be 35-37 psi.

BTW- make sure the pee hole hose is clear of obstructions. Blockage could cost a melted piston.
View attachment 40586

As for the OBD port- if you are looking for one like in your car, you won't find it.

It's a Merc only connector. Sorry, can't remember much about it. It does have a cap on it.

thanks tim - yes i know what it looks like, ive got the diagnostic system, i just cant find the darn thing.. Was out of town for a day and will have a look 2moro and report back -

Im pulling the VST tank to see whats going on in there and see if I can get it to come on on the bench

Ok, removed and cleaned vst tank, tapped pump and it started again. Low psi pump was also stuck, opened it up, jumped the transistor a few times and both are running strong!

Never found the port lol - but its firing right up now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back