2001 Islandia

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patric1

Hey everyone new to the boating world.

I have the 240 mercury in a 2001 islandia.
So not really sure what’s happening. Can be on water for 30 mins or so and boat has what seams to be a misfire or water in the fuel maybe. Drained the tank added fresh fuel with stabilizer changed plugs and new cables. Forum will not allow me to post video. As you’ll be able to hear what’s going on.

Sounds like it could be heat related... maybe ignition components... causing intermittent lack of spark (mis-fires). Once it starts happening, does it keep happening? If so, let it keep mis-firing and use a spark tester to see if it's any of the 6 plugs not sparking. If you determine a single cylinder not sparking, could be that coil (CDM). If multiple cylinders mis-firing, could be the trigger or stator.

I'd get back on the water and re-create mis-fires and start testing. Also check your fuel pressure is holding steady too. Do you have the Throttle guardian on your boat? I don't on my 240, but I hear they cause more problems than their worth.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back