2001 gtx squeaked

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

me757

Went out today, 2001 gtx ran around about a hour, ski started acting funny found about 4 inches of water in the hull. Pulled ski out of water and drained. Ran ski in the water on trailer couldn’t find leak, took it home and ran on the couldn’t find leak. Is there a hose that pops off easy under the engine.
Thanks in advance

Went out today, 2001 gtx ran around about a hour, ski started acting funny found about 4 inches of water in the hull. Pulled ski out of water and drained. Ran ski in the water on trailer couldn’t find leak, took it home and ran on the couldn’t find leak. Is there a hose that pops off easy under the engine.
Thanks in advance
Could be your carbon ring, if "acting funny" meant that it was revving up but not moving as fast. If any other hose was off you would probably see it on the trailer, but the carbon ring probably leaks faster when riding faster.

Thanks in advance
Could be your carbon ring, if "acting funny" meant that it was revving up but not moving as fast. If any other hose was off you would probably see it on the trailer, but the carbon ring probably leaks faster when riding faster.

Reving not moving fast, bogging on hard turns. Tomorrow we are going back to run my other ski and test the carbon seal and bellows.
Thanks

Reving not moving fast, bogging on hard turns. Tomorrow we are going back to run my other ski and test the carbon seal and bellows.
Thanks
Update when you find out, sounds like the carbon seal if it's revving and not moving fast and if it's leaking into the hull

Thanks
Update when you find out, sounds like the carbon seal if it's revving and not moving fast and if it's leaking into the hull

I’m gonna order the carbon ring kit tonight, I don’t know if this is gonna work but I pushed the bellows fwd to make the carbon ring tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back