2001 GTX RFI Beeper Codes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I hooked up the battery on the GTX RFI and I got my two beeps... I was stoked. Then I got 4 more long beeps and it shot me the bird when I hit the start button. I just don't know what it is like to have gauges that work. I got two alerts.... one for High Temp and the other for low fuel. Where would I find resources to let me know which alerts will prohibit start up ?? First thing I am gonna replace the fuel filters in the tank... then I'm gonna put some fuel in. :) Then I'll send off the injectors for rebuilding.

I'm looking up the codes now but some practical experience is much more help to me. In put is appreciated.

I Checked the codes and am a little confused. Its says 4 long beeps inserting the lanyard = low battery power. Well I get the two chirps, then 4 long beeps. Perhaps it has a short or something. Ski won't turn over. When I hit the start button I am getting 4 long beeps every time I hit the start button. The battery was fully charged when I installed it minutes before inserting the lanyard. Any ideas on where to begin?

Are you pressing the Start button BEFORE the 4 beeps start? Mine gives me 2 beeps when I attach the lanyard, then I have 5 seconds to start the engine. If I don't press start in 5 seconds it starts beeping 4 times as an alert that the lanyard is attached when no running.

Are you pressing the Start button BEFORE the 4 beeps start? Mine gives me 2 beeps when I attach the lanyard, then I have 5 seconds to start the engine. If I don't press start in 5 seconds it starts beeping 4 times as an alert that the lanyard is attached when no running.
it's not the annoying, hey you left the key in here 4 quick beeps but 4 long beeps. I insert the lanyard I get two chirps then immediately 4 long beeps. If I press the start button I immediately get 4 long beeps. It doesn't say low battery. I get a high temp alert on the info center and low fuel.

I have the ski home now and will begin troubleshooting the problem. I suspect there is a short in the system or bad ground.

Well... since I was getting 4 long beeps just not at the beginning of the key insertion I figured I had a ground issue or something electrical since 4 long beeps means the battery voltage is low. I started up front checking the fuses, cleaning the connections on the plugs, putting some dielectric grease on them. When I got to the third plug I noticed some moisture inside the plug and decided to pull the computer. Yep.... water was inside but everything looked OK. I spent some time drying it all out, cleaning the WFT kinda gasket was on there and utilizing the South Louisiana sun to finish the drying job.

As i mentioned in the beginning of the thread, the ski would give the 2 quick beeps then a few seconds later would follow with 4 long beeps. I figured the computer and everything associate was working to some extent. I put it all back together and got my two quick chirps..... and nothing else. I hit the stater button and a few seconds later... the ski was running. I was surprised.

Both this Ski and the RX were not treated well. Gonna give it some love now though. It's loaded on the vtrailer with the other (1996 GTX... striped seat) for some water testing probably tomorrow.
2001 GTX RFI  Front Elec. box 1.JPEG2001 GTX RFI  Front Elec. box 2.JPEG1996 GTX Striped Seat (1).JPG2001 GTX RFI Rt Side.JPEG2001 GTX RFI Rt. side B.JPEG

Last edited:
Just think etemplate, a few months ago you were a noob now you are an aspiring expert with the same sickness as the rest of us.

IN skis? GA? Looks like skis exposed to salt water that were stored outside and definitely enough work to keep you busy for awhile.

Just think etemplate, a few months ago you were a noob now you are an aspiring expert with the same sickness as the rest of us.

I'll never know what you guys know but You should see my airplane. My A&P told me if I would have documented all the hours I put working on my plane I'd have gotten an A&P License. Go big or go home. LOL

Last edited:
My plane flies at 100mph. :) Unless of course I point the nose down. It is a Cessna 150 Aerobat. A terrific two seat trainer aircraft plus Delmar can do Aerobatics... legally. :D If I get a strong headwind cars on the hwy go faster than Delmar but they don't have as much fun. :DGene Pilot Selfi.jpgSlidell Sunset 4 12-17.jpgSlidell Sunset 12-17.jpg

Last edited:
I took both the skis out today. Passable is all I can say. I'm getting 6930RPM on the RFI. Speedometer says 48mph my GPS says 44. I suspect a damaged impeller based on the owners statements. He said they often damaged impellers where they used to ride up north. Got a little drop off in RPM every now and again. Not sure what it is but.... I"m doing the filters, sending the injectors out for refurb and may replace the fuel pump. Ski has 200 hour on it... at least that s what saw on the gauge. It's in pretty good shape. Shocked me also... the gauges work... even the fuel gauge.
:)

Sounds pretty good to me. I wouldn't sneeze at 6930. The impeller might not pumping to it's potential what did you do?

The reason I came back to this thread was to get a look at that MPEM. Sure wish my 951 MPEM was constructed so I could take it apart.

I miss seeing the world from the air.

I swapped impellers with a good one and replaced the wear ring, pump seal and such. Rode it a bit today with two riders. More like 48-49 on the GPS which is what I look for. Speedo says 52. :D I gotta change the filters and test the fuel pump pressure before I call it good. :). And the fuel injectors will be sent out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back