2001 GTX not starting, 1 short beep & 1 long beep.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serf27

Hey everyone, I’m new here and new to PWCs.

3 days ago I bought a 2001 seadoo gtx.

The seller was saying all it needed was a battery and that it has just been rebuilt last season and he had no battery for me start it.
I took his word for it and bought it. I know it’s my fault and I’ve been regretting this purchase from the seller.

I put a battery in yesterday and all I get is 1 quick beep followed by one long beep.
Seller said the key must’ve un programmed itself, I went to get the key programmed today and the shop said they couldn’t connect to the PWC but that the key probably wasn’t the issue as the pwc had the red flashing light on the gauge with “maintenance” popping up on the gauge too and they said to go to another shop that could read the fault code.

Is there anything I can do from home?
Or must I take it to someone who has software for it?

Any help or links is appreciated.

I have already searched the web and can’t fund anything.

Thanks in advance.

I thought you could clear the maintenance light by pushing the two buttons together. I think that is just a reminder. Have you got a service manual to see if it list the one short beep and then one long beep?

Hey everyone, I’m new here and new to PWCs.

3 days ago I bought a 2001 seadoo gtx.

The seller was saying all it needed was a battery and that it has just been rebuilt last season and he had no battery for me start it.
I took his word for it and bought it. I know it’s my fault and I’ve been regretting this purchase from the seller.

I put a battery in yesterday and all I get is 1 quick beep followed by one long beep.
Seller said the key must’ve un programmed itself, I went to get the key programmed today and the shop said they couldn’t connect to the PWC but that the key probably wasn’t the issue as the pwc had the red flashing light on the gauge with “maintenance” popping up on the gauge too and they said to go to another shop that could read the fault code.

Is there anything I can do from home?
Or must I take it to someone who has software for it?

Any help or links is appreciated.

I have already searched the web and can’t fund anything.

Thanks in advance.

I went through this recently on my 96' GSX. There's a couple possibilities what's going on, the DESS post is bad and won't allow the key or a programmer to connect to the ski or the MPEM is bad and won't recognize DESS. After trying a new DESS post I had the bad MPEM. You can send the MPEM and the DESS key to Westsidepowersports, call Nick or Jess they'll test MPEM and make sure it's actually bad, if it is they're reasonable to purchase another MPEM and have it programmed with the DESS key.

Like in my situation, Nick sold me a DESS post and it didn't change anything, so he credited me back when I purchased the MPEM. Give him a call and explain your situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back