2001 gtx di 951 air system

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smasher54

I am stumped, I bought the ski earlier this year it ran a little rough so I did all the fuel filters put a new fuel pump in, new plugs, ran about 80% good the whole season, then I got it off the lake decided to clean the rave valves, They were very dirty lots of buildup… I put back together and would barely run, it will start but not even idle. Checked all my vacuum lines, I found a few holes and replaced them all, that didn’t fix it… So I pulled the air line off of the compressor and plugged it with my thumb and it started up and ran great… Any help please, I ordered a candooo scanner and I’ll see what that tells me. My thought is it has to be something with the air system, may be regulator?

I am stumped, I bought the ski earlier this year it ran a little rough so I did all the fuel filters put a new fuel pump in, new plugs, ran about 80% good the whole season, then I got it off the lake decided to clean the rave valves, They were very dirty lots of buildup… I put back together and would barely run, it will start but not even idle. Checked all my vacuum lines, I found a few holes and replaced them all, that didn’t fix it… So I pulled the air line off of the compressor and plugged it with my thumb and it started up and ran great… Any help please, I ordered a candooo scanner and I’ll see what that tells me. My thought is it has to be something with the air system, may be regulator?

I’m going thru same issues, I bought a new pump,aftermarket and it causes more problem, I reinstalled the old one after I saw the screen was plugged up and runs great at times then looses fuel pressure, will idle all day long, no codes or beeping, I since found a new pump and waiting, what is fuel pressure?

I’m going thru same issues, I bought a new pump,aftermarket and it causes more problem, I reinstalled the old one after I saw the screen was plugged up and runs great at times then looses fuel pressure, will idle all day long, no codes or beeping, I since found a new pump and waiting, what is fuel pressure?
Turns out The first time I replace the fuel pump I use the cheap aftermarket… The orange one. I recently installed a quantum fuel pump and all my problems have seem to go away for now. So far this is been a pretty finicky ski for me. Best of luck to you

DI’s eventually end up in the bottom of lakes…nightmarish to work on,,,scanner will not tell you anything about fuel pressure..air pressure…air pumps…filters…non-electrical components.

Turns out The first time I replace the fuel pump I use the cheap aftermarket… The orange one. I recently installed a quantum fuel pump and all my problems have seem to go away for now. So far this is been a pretty finicky ski for me. Best of luck to you
That’s what I ordered also, the long body pump looks like original and draws 4 amps, what plugs and gap you running?
DI’s eventually end up in the bottom of lakes…nightmarish to work on,,,scanner will not tell you anything about fuel pressure..air pressure…air pumps…filters…non-electrical components.
thanks for the reply, love to read your awnsers , got 107 fuel pressure and when it decides to drop pressure to 90 just let off throttle and will idle all day, original pump and I might have caused the problem when I took the pressure hose off to run the old fuel out of her and was cranking the motor with oil in cylinders, mind you it sat 10 years I’m the only owner, and it wasn’t pumping like it use to? Then the end cap blew out and I went fishing and found the end cap and now I remember the fitting was leaking, I don’t no if I am missing a piece in the fuel manifold, I put a valve in return side and was going to try that, meanwhile I found what appears to be the factory pump with 4 amp draw and waiting on pump like Thursday, someone mentioned it taxied the ski to much from to much amp draw? I really don’t have good diagram of fuel manifold any comment would be appreciated it may be iron but makes my day and I am 64

That’s what I ordered also, the long body pump looks like original and draws 4 amps, what plugs and gap you running?

thanks for the reply, love to read your awnsers , got 107 fuel pressure and when it decides to drop pressure to 90 just let off throttle and will idle all day, original pump and I might have caused the problem when I took the pressure hose off to run the old fuel out of her and was cranking the motor with oil in cylinders, mind you it sat 10 years I’m the only owner, and it wasn’t pumping like it use to? Then the end cap blew out and I went fishing and found the end cap and now I remember the fitting was leaking, I don’t no if I am missing a piece in the fuel manifold, I put a valve in return side and was going to try that, meanwhile I found what appears to be the factory pump with 4 amp draw and waiting on pump like Thursday, someone mentioned it taxied the ski to much from to much amp draw? I really don’t have good diagram of fuel manifold any comment would be appreciated it may be iron but makes my day and I am 64
Google SeaDoo service manual and you can find all the diagrams for that year DI. DI's are tricky but can be sorted with enough time (and money).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back