2001 GTS won't turn over

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lbbar2sch

My 2001 gts ran fine for a bit and then started acting like it was shorting out when trying to start. It was hit and miss. It blew a fuse and I replaced. After a few more times of the hit and miss, it just stopped doing anything. Jump solenoid and it will turn over. Put lanyard in and it beeps twice with gauges working. Hit start and absolutely nothing. No clicking or anything. Can someone please help me

Sounds like it could be your solenoid. See if your getting power in to it and then check for power going out to the starter when u hit the start button. The blown fuse is worrisome unless the solenoid is shorting out inside. Metal shavings on the stator is the next place I would look.

Sounds like it could be your solenoid. See if your getting power in to it and then check for power going out to the starter when u hit the start button. The blown fuse is worrisome unless the solenoid is shorting out inside. Metal shavings on the stator is the next place I would look.
I can jump the solenoid and it turns over. Changed it and still nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back