2001 gti 717, shuts off

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan97

So I just replaced the MPEM on my 01 gti, the machine fires right up and idles beautifully, putters around fine and will even cruise up onto plane, but if I go harder than 1/2 throttle it beeps and shuts off. Fires right back up after and runs but again cant get to WOT.

Any thoughts

First, this should really be in the regular two stroke forum rather than the performance section. I’m sure one of the mods will move it shortly.

Second, what was the reason for the MPEM replacement and what did you replace it with? Is it a used unit, or aftermarket?

My bad, was on browser on mobile, I'll repost it in the correct place,

I replaced the MPEM because the machine was not registering anything with a fully charged battery, and kept blowing fuses.

Not an expert on these machines, talked to a buddy who works at a recreation shop that services seadoos and he said that it was most likely the problem.
First, this should really be in the regular two stroke forum rather than the performance section. I’m sure one of the mods will move it shortly.

Second, what was the reason for the MPEM replacement and what did you replace it with? Is it a used unit, or aftermarket?

Well my first thought would be a bad DESS post, or an intermittent short in the wiring to it. Clean the post with soap and water and trace the wiring back to the MPEM looking for any loose or corroded connections or broken insulation...

Why would a dirty dess post cause this issue? (Trying to learn) I figured it had a solid connection because I get my 2 beeps when I put the key on and it starts right up. It's only when I hit half throttle that it beeps at me and shuts off. It happens on flat water, no bumping around at all.

I appreciate your time, just trying to figure this out

Sometimes vibrations will cause it to lose connection momentarily, or you will get a short or induced voltage on the wiring. If the MPEM loses communication with the key, it just shuts the ski down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back