2001 challenger 2000 240EFI electric fuel pump replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron602

after a lot of searching I can't find a 2001 challenger 2000 240EFI electric fuel pump replacement part number or suggestions of how to replace one.
any help would sure be appreciated.

Actually I bought it at amazon with parts number... try this one...
HFP-512 Fuel Pump with Strainer Replacement for Mercury Marine Outboard (1999-2002) Replaces 809088T1, 808505T01, 827682T
Search it at amazon.

Thank YOU both, you have no idea how much I do appreciate your help.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

That's the high pressure pump. I thought you were asking about the lift (pulse) pump. As long as it comes with the proper o-rings and does not leak. These pumps can reach 90psi. Make sure your regulator is working properly. You are looking for 35-37 psi at the shrader valve.

RockAuto has MARINE fuel pumps, generic, about $30. 3 years on mine so far.

Hi Tim75,

My pulse pump gave out (gave it direct 12v to test and nothing happens)
Could you tell me which one did you get off RockAuto? Would be nice if I can get one that doesn't cost $300 like the ones made by Mercury!

Thank you

I don't remember the p/n. It was a round MARINE low (5psi) pressure fuel pump. About 2" dia., about 3" long. Been working for 3 years so far. I have heard that the Merc unit is rebuildable, but have not tried it.

Before spending $$, make sure you have power at the pump. This pump normally only runs about 30 seconds at startup. Sucks gas from tank to engine-driven pump, then shuts off.

Yeap, tested power to it and was getting 12v there. Bench tested the pump and nothing was happening. I went to a couple of boat shops and they were selling marine pumps for about $250. A friend suggested to check NAPA and they had the exact same pump as the one I took off for $60 in stock. Jackpot!

Put that in there and I can now hear it working as soon as the key is turned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back