2000GTX DI electrical problem- no power to switch key

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

davevf

Just installed a new battery worked fine from ramp to our lift. The unit sat for 2 days. took it out for about 12-20 min all worked well. 2 days latter took to other side of lake and back . turned off and then wouldn't power up. Chared battery for about 30 min started but son sucked up tow row. towed unit to ramp and land. cleared rope and pullled battery. put on trickel charger for 3 days whailr gone. Battery fluid was down below full lines. didn't have acid to add.Charger showed full charge anyway. When to put back in water yeaterday. Key gave 2 bbps and heard injectors click on. gauges worked. Hit start button. dead and no gauges. Pulled battery and took back to supplier. they added acid and benched checked battery as good. Reinstalled battery. key gave 2 beeps and lite gauges. hit start button everything dead again. no gauges. Can not get any display or beeps again. Was a one time shot bothe today and yesterday. Any ideas please????

Thanks

im not sure if your model has a cut off relay (i have 3ddi same engine as yours and mine has it )but if thats faulty your dess post wont work so maybe check for that hope that helps

Thanks not sure if it has one either. Where would one look? It is odd that would get the 2 beeps both times and then no idication of any juice at all. Tried the learning DESS key as well but didn't make any difference. Not sure why when the supplier put a load test on the battery it then gave me a electical connection to the switch, all be it just for the 2 beeps and fuel pump cycle. Then absolutely nothing. Don't think it is a fuse as I am aware of a 5 and 20 i think but not sure where those are either.

Thanks, not sure either if I have one, where would I look? It is just strange that after the supplier did a load test and battery came back good this then some how allowed on the reinstall to get the same 2 beeps and fuel pump cycle then nothing. I even tried the learn DESS key but no go. I don't think it is a fuse. I understand there is a 5 and 20 but not sure were these are either.
Thanks for your help any way. Any other ideas?

the cut off relay will be located somewhere along the battery possitive cable along with a 30 amp fuse and on you mpem there will be a cover with fuses in there too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back