2000 speedster pump oil change question?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter240

I am looking to change the pump and stator oil...Does anyone know if there is a oring or flat washer on the drain and vent??if so do u have part #?
ty

I am looking to change the pump and stator oil...Does anyone know if there is a oring or flat washer on the drain and vent??if so do u have part #?
ty

Yes, there is a fiber washer/gasket under the screw head.
Any Merc dealer has them.

on merc I/O i have had, ive used the rubber coated stainless vs the fiber washer...just wondering wich one u have used for the seadoo?ty

on merc I/O i have had, ive used the rubber coated stainless vs the fiber washer...just wondering wich one u have used for the seadoo?ty

As I said-
Screw with fiber washer. Don’t scratch the surface of the casting. You can create a leak.

anyone have manual to show how may ounces the pump and stator hold of the high performance gear oil? i drained the pump and got approx 16 ounces but i thought i read it should be 27 ounces(may of been for different year/model)? i am waiting for drain plug gaskets to get here to see how much it takes but hoping someone had a manual or has changed theirs and has answer???? has the merc 240 hp 2 stroke

anyone have manual to show how may ounces the pump and stator hold of the high performance gear oil? i drained the pump and got approx 16 ounces but i thought i read it should be 27 ounces(may of been for different year/model)? i am waiting for drain plug gaskets to get here to see how much it takes but hoping someone had a manual or has changed theirs and has answer???? has the merc 240 hp 2 stroke

This jet-drive service document says:
stator: 19oz. Mercury High Perf. Gear Oil
gearbox: 27oz. Mercury High Perf. Gear Oil

Cheers!

Attachments

• Jet_drive_annual_service.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
This jet-drive service document says:
stator: 19oz. Mercury High Perf. Gear Oil
gearbox: 27oz. Mercury High Perf. Gear Oil
Cheers!

Attachments