2000 Seadoo XP Limited MPEM 278001526

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narcisso

So, I need a new one of these or can these be repaired by someone? Does anyone have a working one for sale or any idea where I can find one that isn't seemingly overpriced. I can't really trust the ebay sellers because most don't say it is working and they are all a bit outrageously priced compared to the value of the ski at this point.

The only reason I keep it is that my jet pump in it is aftermarket and a $1500 modification that makes this thing really go, like a firehose.

Any advice, suggestions, help? :p

Thank you in advance,

Sean

Attachments

• MPEM.png
    MPEM.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 36
I could send you a good working one with a nice programmed DESS key for $300 shipped. (850)259-1581

I also need a working/complete harness for it. Anyone able to help? :p Or know how to troubleshoot which part of the harness is bad?

Man that's the dangerous part. Blowing up the one Matt sends. Ask me how I know....

Another great source are Nick and Jess at Westside Powersports Seadoo. I am sure they have a harness for you.

Thank you everyone for trying to help. Any resources on where to shop for parts on a budget? I'm a disabled vet so income is fixed. Any places where you can find that year junk yarded or something haha.

LOL. The picture you posted is mine on Ebay. I wrote that my engine blew but the MPEM was working fine. The key is programmed and ready to go. $250. I have the harness but just haven't removed it yet. Respond through Ebay if you are interested.

LOL. The picture you posted is mine on Ebay. I wrote that my engine blew but the MPEM was working fine. The key is programmed and ready to go. $250. I have the harness but just haven't removed it yet. Respond through Ebay if you are interested.
What is your ebay link?

I also need a working/complete harness for it. Anyone able to help? :p Or know how to troubleshoot which part of the harness is bad?

Get the Meter out and begin checking resistance on each wire. After you check the wires, plug them in and check them again. I would focus on wires that actually run the engine and charge the battery. Whose to say the used harness is any better than yours? Good luck !!

Get the Meter out and begin checking resistance on each wire. After you check the wires, plug them in and check them again. I would focus on wires that actually run the engine and charge the battery. Whose to say the used harness is any better than yours? Good luck !!

Yeah good point. I only see corrosion on the plastic so I should check I just dont want to blow an MPEM.

Yes, I blew a good ECM. To me it was like trying to find a needle in a haystack but it all makes sense. Tackling this job is on my list. :)

Well if anyone still has a working MPEM that matches this model number and ideally can prove that it is working let me know a fair price I'm looking for the maximum price for the program key to be around $300 with the working MPEM, I was hoping to have it running by this weekend, PayPal is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back