2000 Seadoo Speedster - No start.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I am having a hard time with my boat. It’s a 2000 Seasoo speedster with a M2 240 efi engine in it. I have the service manual from this site. I am at a loss as to why it won’t start. The motor cranks. Just won’t fire up. I have read about a black/yellow that needs checking. I found that wire on the top of the motor. I connected my DVOM to it to get a reading. The reading is in the picture attached.

Do any of you brilliant minds have any idea what to do? I’m kind of at a loss. I appreciate any help you can offer. If I can’t figure this out with your help, I might just end up breaking down and taking it to a stealership for them to figure it out.

Attachments

• A800A13B-18AE-4695-90C6-1D910066B10A.jpeg
    A800A13B-18AE-4695-90C6-1D910066B10A.jpeg
    247.5 KB · Views: 3
So, I am having a hard time with my boat. It’s a 2000 Seasoo speedster with a M2 240 efi engine in it. I have the service manual from this site. I am at a loss as to why it won’t start. The motor cranks. Just won’t fire up. I have read about a black/yellow that needs checking. I found that wire on the top of the motor. I connected my DVOM to it to get a reading. The reading is in the picture attached.

Do any of you brilliant minds have any idea what to do? I’m kind of at a loss. I appreciate any help you can offer. If I can’t figure this out with your help, I might just end up breaking down and taking it to a stealership for them to figure it out.
Start with the simplest and move on from there.

Does it have spark? What are the spark plugs like? When is the last time it ran? What is your VST fuel pressure? There are 3 fuel pumps. Are all 3 working? The lift pump and vst pump can be felt or heard. #3 is crankcase pulsation driven. Have your injectors ever been serviced?

You are going to have to dumb it down for me. I’m new to the boat world.

I was reading that to check spark you need to disconnect them all and ground them to the block. How do I do that? Spark plugs look good. I’ll take a pic to show you.

VST fuel pressure? How do I check that? Where are the three fuel pumps?

I’ve never had it serviced. I don’t know if the prior owner did.

You are going to have to dumb it down for me. I’m new to the boat world.

I was reading that to check spark you need to disconnect them all and ground them to the block. How do I do that? Spark plugs look good. I’ll take a pic to show you.

VST fuel pressure? How do I check that? Where are the three fuel pumps?

I’ve never had it serviced. I don’t know if the prior owner did.

Spark is tested with a spark tester (or six) from ebay or Amazon.

VST pressure is tested at the test port on top of the VST. Looks like a tire valve. Should have a cap on it. Should measure 36psi.

Fuel pumps-
#1 is called Lift Pump. Follow the finger-sized hose from the fuel tank. There is the primary fuel filter, screwed into lift pump. I has 2 wires. Sounds thump-thump-thump when running. The lift pump is on a timer in the ECU.
#2 is the crankcase pulsation driven pump. Pump 2 maintains flow into the VST.
#3 is inside the VST tank. The curved cast tank on the port side of the engine. This is an electric pump that boosts pressure for the injectors. Smooth and almost silent. But you can feel it operating by touching the VST. It too, is on a timer in the ECU. If the engine does not start, the VST pump will turn off in a few seconds.

Thanks for help Tim. I have tried to understand this boat, but it has me stumped. I've taken it to a dealer to let them figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back