2000 Seadoo LRV cranks but wont turn over

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashleync4

Hi there! Hoping I can get some help with my 2000 Seadoo LRV.

Long story short - I purchased this 7 years ago, it ran great. Unfortunately, it broke down a few years in and we had to replace the engine. Refurbished SBT Engine (Sea-Doo premium engine 951 Silver LRV 1998-03) installed and completed by a professional shop. New cylinders and exhaust manifold & bolts were replaced. New carbs replaced. Test, Tune and break-in new engine on water was completed.
It was running great. Life happened and we didn't run it one season and ended up purchasing a boat from a family member as it fit our needs better. It sat around (in a heated garage) for two years~ and now it wont start.

We've replaced the battery, spark plugs, fuel filter, siphoned the gas, ensured all the hoses/wires are hooked up correctly, etc. Last season when we were trying to get it going - we noticed that water was coming out of one of the spark plug holes (just one - rear). It would start and run for a second and then die off shortly after it started (assuming once the plug got wet). We attempted to vacuum out all the water/push it out. Same thing this season, still liquid coming out of the cylinder (see stuff on white rag) and when I take only that one plug out, it’s wet (see other photo). The other one is just fine. See photos. I'm just out of ideas on what to do next.

Please help!

Attachments

• 5DA4E9BF-1577-4E0E-B037-8F6DD94DD525.jpeg
    5DA4E9BF-1577-4E0E-B037-8F6DD94DD525.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
  • FD4F5F3C-DBE4-4B95-B323-CF2D550965EA.jpeg
    FD4F5F3C-DBE4-4B95-B323-CF2D550965EA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
If it is sitting with water in it then the engine is trashed.

You are going to have to get all that fluid out before it will run so keep pumping until no fluid comes out but give the starter some breaks so it doesn't overheat.

A little premix dow the carbs can help get it going also.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply!

There isn't much coming out, but there is a little bit (and it's more of a water/oil mix? - see photo.

Will try the premix down the carbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back