2000 seadoo islandia oil problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

islandia00

i bought a 2000 islandia with a mercury m2 and took it to the lake and we were out there about 4 hours and the oil light in the fuel gauge came on, so i opened the hood and checked and the small resivour was almost empty but the big tank was 3/4 full, so i bought a quart of oil and filled the small one up and went back out. well about 25 minutes later it came on again. so we came off the lake and i checked all the hoses, no leaks anywhere. you can blow through the vacuum hose and it goes through the pickup tube in the big tank but the feed hose for the small tank has no pressure whatsoever. geting frustrated with this thing. anyone know if u can put a 4 stroke engine in this boat? lol. anyone got any ideas with this thing because im fresh out (btw i have tightened all the lids on everything with oil filter wrench to make sure they were tight.)

Make sure you have no air leaks from the large oil reservoir. If you do it will not keep the small tank full. Be sure to check the "O" ring on the fill cap is intact. Next check the pulse line running between the large tank and the engine for kinks, blockages, or holes. If that looks good make sure you are getting pressure from the pulse line.

Aaron:cheers:

This is why I switched to premix. Though I am having 2nd thoughts because of the amount of blue smoke at idle and start up. Quite embarrasing! It looks like I own a sh*tbox!

My system did not work when I got the boat but yesterday I looked at the removed tanks and hoses to see how hard it would be to rehook. The boat comes out next week so I will tackle it then. If it wasn't for the smoke I would still be going with premix for piece of mind.

This is why I switched to premix. Though I am having 2nd thoughts because of the amount of blue smoke at idle and start up. Quite embarrasing! It looks like I own a sh*tbox!

My system did not work when I got the boat but yesterday I looked at the removed tanks and hoses to see how hard it would be to rehook. The boat comes out next week so I will tackle it then. If it wasn't for the smoke I would still be going with premix for piece of mind.

How can you check the oil system to see if it's working rather than wait for it to go bang, is there any test i can do,
Just run the boat in with xtra oil in petrol but worried a little as this boat was a non runner for 2-3 years before i bought it.

Hi Islandia00

Fellow owner of an '00 here. Different subject'ish: how is your shifter cable, sticky? Are you using the hydrosurge grate? Do you have one battery or two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back