2000 Seadoo GS Starting Problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2000 Seadoo GS. I have had for close to 3 years now. I charged up the battery and it is good. I put it in the seadoo and when I plug up my key it doesn't beep. When you press the start button, the box beside the battery that the start button runs to just makes a loud noise like its trying to start but never will. I know it is something electrical but I really have no clue about what stuff is inside the seadoo or what to do. I need some help.

Assuming your beeper is just bad, it would explain the click in the box. Open it up and use a jumper wire or screwdriver to manually connect the two posts that the red wires hook to. If the starter engages replace the solenoid you just jumped. If not, then the starter could be bad, especially if youve taken on water so many times. Let us know what happens...good luck

I tried connecting the 2 red wires. It sparks up when you do it but it still didn't try to start. After you do that and then try to press the starter button again it doesn't make the noise. If you unplug the key and replug it then it will make the noise when you press the button.

remove your sparkplugs and the grey cover, behind the motor, and try to turn the pto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back