2000 SeaDoo 2000 Challenger 240hp Mercury

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

millerwarren

Boat has run fine this season so far until today. Although, it has been smoking quite a bit when first starting out in the water ~ very white smoke. Ran well today until late in the afternoon. Now when we want to speed up (from about 5mph) you can hear the engine rev up but do not go any faster. Like it doesn't kick in. My husband also said that the RPM's drop down too. Once this started, we were able to slowly get the boat back to the dock and out of the water.

We had just had the boat looked at by a boat shop and they said that everything looked great. The compressions were fine.....

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Do you know what could be causing this? We just purchased the boat from out of town and are not familiar with things that could be potentially wrong.

Cathy

Sounds like you may have sucked something into the pump. Have a good look in both ends for any foreign objects or damage to the impeller or wear housing.

Aaron:cheers:

on another jet boat..I blew a seal between the jet pump and intake.. it did the same thing.. 1 week and lots of sillicone at the shop..

exhaust hoses

Bad exhaust hoses can cause low rpm's. The hoses can delaminate on the inside. Are the hoses soft in any area? They should be firm. My boat wouldn't get above 3000 rpm with bad hoses. See photo at left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back