2000 seadoo 18ft challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JABHOYT

Hi,
Since you have been talking about oil, I have a question. Does anyone else experience the white smoke out the back of the boat when they start it up every time. It is embarassing and it becomes a large cloud over the dock. People have to breath it.
We put the two cycle oil in and it continued to do it.
Any suggestions or comments?

Your engine is a two-stroke, and they will puff some smoke on the first cold start of the day. But the smoke should clear within a minute or two of engine operation as things warm up to normal operating temperatures, and you should be able to start and run the engine the rest of the day with little to no smoke at all.

I'm a fan of off-brand supplies to save money, but I must say that after experimentation I found Mercury's recommended two-stroke oil to make a HUGE difference in smoke and smell. Mercury (or Quicksilver) Premium PLUS oil is the only thing I would use in a 210 or 240 SportJet. It's a bit more expensive but the exhaust difference is remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back