2000 Sea Doo Challenger - New to me

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nenikol23

Hi all,

I am very new to the boating world and just got my hands on my first boat which is a 2000 Challenger 2000. I have read a lot of mixed opinions about this boat but I guess I'll form my opinion over the next few weeks/months.

I do have a few basic questions, I have looked on various places online but were unsuccessful in finding answers so far...

1. My switches logos have worn off so I have no clue which switch does what. I've got 2 rows of 3 switches. I searched online but was only able to find models with 5 switches and not 6.

2. I am confused as to which compartment does oil go to. There is one on the port side with a cap that says oil which is pretty clear, however there is another big white reservoir right below where I was told oil goes as well. Does one feed the other?

3. Does someone have access to a detailed User manual/Maintenance manual as the one I got with the boat is very vague. I was only able to find one for the speedster online.

Thank you for your input.
Nick

Should be able to find owners book on seadoo site. There should be pix in there of the switch faces. There was someone here that was making new stick-on labels for them.

You should be able to find a service manual CD on ebay.

There are 2 oil tanks. The large one holds about 3 gallons. The plug under sundeck, port side connects to this tank. The smaller tank (header tank), is just in front of the flywheel. Holds about a pint. The big tank feeds the small tank. The oil level sensor is in the header tank cap. Careful of that cap; tend to crack.

Should be able to find owners book on seadoo site. There should be pix in there of the switch faces. There was someone here that was making new stick-on labels for them.

You should be able to find a service manual CD on ebay.

There are 2 oil tanks. The large one holds about 3 gallons. The plug under sundeck, port side connects to this tank. The smaller tank (header tank), is just in front of the flywheel. Holds about a pint. The big tank feeds the small tank. The oil level sensor is in the header tank cap. Careful of that cap; tend to crack.
Thank you for the clarification!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back