2000 Millennium RX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not registered? You've got balls where you live, either that or you own the river. If you get caught without registration or a boating license the fines are heavy here in AL and GA. Heck without any letters displayed on the hull like you're doing they'd probably impound it.

Matt suggested I check the accelerator pump nozzles. He was right... one was plugged up solid. :) I was afraid to blow air threw them as I didn't know how the nozzle was made. I gave them the "full monty" treatment. I also found a jet inside the accelerator pump hose. So I made sure I put that back in there when installed the new line. I dropped the Pop-Off from 23 PSI to 19 PSI. Ski is happier and I put another 40 minutes run time on it. I'm anal about warming up and break-in but I can't wait to get it wide open and check the speed on the GPS. I've never been a boater or fisherman but sure is peaceful out there.RX Canal 9-3-19 (1).JPGRX Canal 9-3-19 (5).JPEG

Ugly and Slow. 55mph on the GPS but... I'm breaking it in. Still tight now doubt. 6680 on the RPM. I enjoy the tweakin.....we'll see what I can come up with to get another 3 or 4 mph. :D :D

Ugly and Slow. 55mph on the GPS but... I'm breaking it in. Still tight now doubt. 6680 on the RPM. I enjoy the tweakin.....we'll see what I can come up with to get another 3 or 4 mph. :D:D

Give it time. Mine took about 4 hrs of break I to get past 6600. Seems like every ride it gets faster and snappier. Also make sure your rave lines arent full of water and that the water regulator isn't screwed all the I or out. Mine had unscrewed until the spring almost had no pressure. And the check valve for the raves can go bad meaning the pressure that is normally dumped overboard can pull water in as well if the valve malfunctions.

I made an individual post on the ski running lean. This thread is kinda dead as people generally don't read long resto threads. :)

I'm gonna pull the carbs and go over everything with a fine tooth comb. It is taking it's time about settling down to a consistent idle. I'm working on this today. :) As I mention in my other thread I'm lowing the pop-off and disassembling the accelerator pump. Input is appreciated.

This BOMB is getting painted. I am not looking forward to it but that freakin Gray is horrible, flat dull, and unpolishable. :) I can do nothing with the shiny spots where the numbers were. Thought about spaying with the clear but that won't last long. Holding the same color or close would be best as that is what I have always done. I am not opposed to the color The mats are nice though and I'll have to remove them.

RX Water Test First Ride Day  (3).JPEG

Last edited:
This BOMB is getting painted. I am not looking forward to it but that freakin Gray is horrible, flat dull, and unpolishable. :) I can do nothing with the shiny spots where the numbers were. Thought about spaying with the clear but that won't last long. Holding the same color or close would be best as that is what I have always done. I am not opposed to the color The mats are nice though and I'll have to remove them.

View attachment 45503

Have you tried wet sanding? start at 400 grit to get the heavy oxidation out and work your way up to 1500-2000 grit, then polish.

The seadoo silver doesn't come back with sanding and buffing like the other colors. Must be something with the metal flake in it.

You got that right. The spots where the numbers were are smooth and shiny. Pitiful.

OK, I pulled the carbs for some checks... they were all good. I disassembled 2 throttle cables, this is the split type with the sensor. I'm getting no reading at all from one sensor and on the other I'm getting a reading that won't change no matter where how far open or closed the throttle cable is. I took two of them apart to figure out why they are a bit stuff and I did find out why. :) I tried looking in the manual to test the sensor but that stuff is so difficult to find. Any way to test this thing. I'm using the Ohms setting on a multi-meter. It's just a magnet so it should be an on/off switch. Open or closed but I didn't design it so I'm not sure. Help is appreciated. I guess looking at this now working properly could cost a few RPM on top and maybe some acceleration points.

They can be taken apart and modified to slide easier if necessary. :) I got plenty of time and a spare cable so I can play with this stuff. I think I'd recommend buying a new one.

RX Throttle Cable repair sensor (1).JPEGRX Throttle Cable repair sensor (2).JPEG

Last edited:
Help is appreciated. I guess looking at this now working properly could cost a few RPM on top and maybe some acceleration points.

I'm trying to understand the problem you're experiencing, I went back and read this thread and you saw 55 mph on GPS at 6680 RPM back in Sep? So what problem again are you chasing? It was suggested from Mekanix to give it time to break it in and it'll improve. How much riding time have you gotten on it since then?

Last edited:
After much diligence I just ordered a new cable. This girl should be ready for the water again by next week's end.

Liked to killed me to spend $114 when I was SOOOOOO close to having this thing working. Cable might be good but I don't know how to test the sensor. I'll figure it out when I get my new cable. This double cable rig is the reason the throttle is stiff on these skis. The plastic piece internally drags causing added friction.

This ski still has the fuglies and needs work but.... when it's on the water you can't tell. Ha ha. My goal is to hit at least 57mph on the GPS with this one.

Good luck all have a great day.... I got 10 skis outside that need work. LOL Touchdowns everyone !!

I spent a lot of setting up the carbs. I did all the re-checks last week. So.... throttle cable is in and adjusted. All I need to do is button up the exhaust.

I installed the Candoo GPS speedometer pick up. I'll be working on the UGLIES as time permits. I have a plan.

I've tried to work with a few local upholstery guys. Our seats are generally in bad condition which raises the already high price for covering. Plus I'm not sure some of these people even have a clue. One guys said he would just put 1/2" foam over the whole seat as the foam was very damaged. I wanted to keep the stock look so I had to do it myself. It is coming along pretty well, just need to put the cover over it.. I am considering spray adhesive on the top too keep the contour but I've never done that previously. I usually just stretch the fabric to get what I need. I bought a Black tip cover several months ago. I've been putting this off big time. LOL2000 RX Seat  (1).JPEG2000 RX Seat  (2).JPEG2000 RX Seat  (3).JPEG

If anyone is interested, I bought some 1/2 foam, cut out and used 3m spray adhesive.... the good stuff. It was a pain. Then.... I shaped the foam with an angle grinder with a 40 grit and 60 grit flapper pad. Very tedious. I figured out a trick to get is smooth and pretty even, I used a 80 grip emery paper by hand and with a rubber block on the other side. It acted like thinning shears and took a lot of the unevenness out. I know it isn't great but but I think it'd gonna look pretty good when I get it on there. Some cursing and fussing is part of the routine as well. LOL Touchdowns everyone !!

You can't glue the covers on or they will never stretch to get them smooth and tight. You need them to slip over the foam when stretching and stapling them.

I've seen videos of the installer spraying adhesive on just the top section to help maintain the contour. Pulling tight will not make the cover lay down properly. I've been wondering about some seats where the foam is stuck to the cover. Almost looks like they used adhesive. I'll speak to the one upholsterer I met that knows what he is doing and charges fairer prices. Always an adventure. :)

I've seen videos of the installer spraying adhesive on just the top section to help maintain the contour. Pulling tight will not make the cover lay down properly. I've been wondering about some seats where the foam is stuck to the cover. Almost looks like they used adhesive. I'll speak to the one upholsterer I met that knows what he is doing and charges fairer prices. Always an adventure. :)

A GSX seat is a lot like that RX, it will lay flat, just keep heating and stretching it. The Hydro Turf and Black Tip seat covers are a little more contoured to the seat because of the sectioning of material, but they need to be stretched also.

KUDOS to ME !!! After playing with the cover for a bit I knew I couldn't get it right and also knew I'd make it more difficult for the installer if I tried. NONE of these guys are cheap so I try to do as much as I can myself. He complimented me on the repairs to the foam and shaping it as well as I did with a grinder and pad. I'm keeping the secret to myself. Ha ha. Anyway, Mark told me I'd never had gotten this cover on there. He is one of the meticulous guys, like myself that has to get it our idea of right no matter what. Ha ha. I brought another seat to him when picking up this one so looks like we have the beginnings of a great working relationship. Whew, I'm sure glad. I'm not an upholstery guy for sure. Those few little lines are my repairs. Mark said they should show but not bad. I'm sure happy.

RX Seat Black Tip Best.JPEGRX Seat Black Tip (2).JPEGRX Seat Black Tip (1).JPG

Ski still has the UGLIES and I'm still not sure what I 'm going to do. with that. :) It is ready for another water test and further engine break-in. Remember I did the top end so..... next couple of warm days Genie is taking this bad boy to da river. Take me to the riv-er..... throw me in the wa-ter. LOL Merry Christmas all !!

Thanks Miki for the compliment on the cover. I was kinda mixed with the Black Tip Cover compared to the solid gray cover. Now that I see them side by side... I think the Black Tip looks much better.RX Water Test First Ride Day  (3).JPEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back