2000 Millennial RX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I think I found my next personal jet ski. Picked up the RX last week. Owner said the engine seized cuz he didn't fog the engine last summer. I'm thinking of doing a 90% resto on the ski. In other words a few minor scuffs are Okie Dokie. Gonna pull the engine and get everything up to speed. Is there anything I need to address while I have the engine and drive train apart ?? I might finally have a ski faster than my wife's GTX. :) I'm gonna have this ski and the 96 XP two as our hooligan skis. I think my wife can handle the RX while I cut up on the XP. We're gonna keep the 2 GTXs they are lots of fun. I really think all the RX is gonna need is some engine work and some Preventive Maintenance... and a seat. LOL :D 2000 RX (2).JPEG2000 RX (3).JPEG

What do you guys think of the trailer.?I thought it was junk at first but it looks like it costs a few duckies. Certainly not our regular Loosiana type trailer. :)

The RX is the top of the food chain when it comes to 2-stroke skis. It is plenty stable and has a nice little platform on the back. It runs good at every rpm level but is not boring to ride. There is no need for the GTX once you get it right. There is always a need for the 96XP that's your "hooligan" ski.

Yes I noticed the trailer right away. Looks light. I'd buy it.

I'm thinking along those lines Matt but Sissy likes matching skis. :) Ha ha. We'll see how she likes the RX. Believe it or not... I have a good deal of influence over her. I know she prefers the more stable skis over the 2 seaters.

The RX's (and the RXX) are plenty stable. My wife likes them. This is her behind the house on the one I bought last month. IMG_0637.jpg

Matt did you modify anything on your RX?? I'm guessin I'll get a crank and rebuild the engine and carbs... go front to back like normal. :) Ya'll need some doggie goggles like this man. Safety first. :D :DDog Goggles.jpg

Matt did you modify anything on your RX??

Kidding right? At the moment there are 5 of them in my fleet and I'm assuming they are the best running examples in the world. The one in that pic runs 68mph! A proper stock one is 60-61mph. The guy I bought it from set this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back