2000 Islandia 240 EFI TPS solution??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsgraham

Hey gang,
Has anyone discovered a cost effective workaround for the dreaded TPS failure? Troubleshooting rough idle. Mine is testing all over the map, wild swings in resistance, not a smooth sweep,and the resistance changes every time the throttle returns to idle. Will set it to spec, then advance to full to test WOT. return to idle, and voltage reading is off spec again. Don't really want to stick 500 bucks into a sensor, but don't see a whole lot of options. I know there was talk about a "engineered replacement at one time, but I think the discussion died on the vine.

Dr. Honda & I discussed a needed replacement, but never found one. According to him, the TPS is made by Cummins in UK. It is no longer made. The worst part is that last one I saw on ebay was over $700.

However, about 3 years ago, I found a NOS unit for $125. I had to swap the connector, but it has been working for about 3 years.

Nice, after contemplating the cost of a new unit, I decided to crack out the old Contact Cleaner and give the old one a few squirts. Long story short, now nice even sweep from 100ohms to almost 10kohms at full travel. Time to plug it back in and adjust! This damn boat has been a constant Learning Opportunity...

Did you drill a hole and squirt into the housing? Or just the contact on the wires?

Last edited:
own a 2000 sea doo challenger 2000 with 240 efi engine. My shop has informed me that need to replace ECU part #824003t31. They told me about repairing the one I have on it too. Any recommendations?

own a 2000 sea doo challenger 2000 with 240 efi engine. My shop has informed me that need to replace ECU part #824003t31. They told me about repairing the one I have on it too. Any recommendations?

I would make darn sure that they have a hard fault on the ECU, and that they are not just "throwing parts at it". As i am learning with mine, its amazing what can be wrong with an 18 year old boat, that may not be covered in the manual...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back