2000 GTX w/a 951 worth saving? HELP!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadone

Hey guys, I recently bought my first ski (two weeks ago) from a cycle dealer in so. fl. I'm sure it was as is... I'll have to look at the paperwork:-/ Anyway they told me the compression was good (140/135) and the ski would run with carb clean sprayed and there was an oil leak. Probaby just needs a battery and carb cleaning.... Yeah, so I took off the carbs to rebuild them and even though I don't know jack about jet skis I started to see some things that didn't look right.. The carbs had just been rebiult, but the lines were kinked... all grey lines had been replaced except the one from the carb to the motor.. The gas (about 1/2 inch) left in the tank, and in the drops left in the filter looked dark, like a premix, and the oil tank looked completely empty. Also the intake grate was missing.. Then I went under the ski to look at the missing grate, looked like one hole was empty and one wasn't.. Back to the top took off the cover over the drive shaft thingy (technical term) and saw that its just a bolt and washer with silicone that holds the intake grate. Great! easy fix! but then I noticed the wheel at the end of th drive shaft thingy only had 4/6 allen screws in it? Whatever back to the carbs.. Whent to put the carbs back on and dropped a gasket into the quart or so of oil in the bottom of the ski, when i fished it out i also got a new socket and a random hose.. Traced the hose back to the crankcase, took off the line tested the valve (very hard to blow through but it worked) cleaned out the hose and connected it to the RAVE selenoid.. While I was routing that hose I noticed a hose randomly run though the engine from the bottom of the huge exhaust pipe, upon further inspection it seemed to have dislodged one of two small hoses with oil in them, so I set to rerouting the idiotically run rubber exhause hose. Before I hooked it back up I thought I probaby better hook the random dripping tiny oil hose, but I had a hard time reaching it so I took out the small storage comparment.. Thats when it got really bad.. So I realized that that the oil was probably leaking out of the line and that's where all the oil in the bottom of the ski was from, the throttle cable wasn't even attached there, just at the carb, maybe it was cut? I also saw that the fuel selector wasn't even hooked up! It had one line coming off of it. Maybe they were premixing and bypassing the selector and filter? I'm probably scrawd, as I've heard the 951's are a pain anyway and this ones a mess. I'd still love to see it run.. Any help would be appreciated!
P.S. sorry for the book! :nopity:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back