2000 GTX stalls and won't start after a few minutes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimini

Hey everyone, I just got back into the Sea-doo world with a 2000 Sea-Doo GTX DI.
Here's my strange problem. It's been running fine since the beginning of the season, but last weekend, after putting it in the water and taking it for a good run for a few minutes, I came back to dock and at idle is stalled out. It wouldn't start again, but after 10-15 minutes it fired back up again. Went out for a rip and came back and it did the same thing. Had lots of fuel in it, checked the obvious things. I can replicate the problem every time. I put new plugs in it, changed the inline filter and pulled the pump and changed the screen on the bottom of the sending unit. I have checked all the air lines and the fuel lines. It does not have any gray lines on it, all the connections are good and when you start it for the first time, you can ride as long as you want, it's just when you bring it back to the dock and it idles down and stalls after a few seconds. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a way to test the fuel pump on it's own? I'm a pretty handy guy and thought that my common sense would go along way, but I am really stumped! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone. JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back