2000 GTX rfi still fouling plugs after injector replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico750sxi

Hi, new to the forum and new to th machine. It’s a 2000 GTX that I just got that fouled it’s plugs rather quickly the first time I took it out. That led me to research the issue and read that leaking injectors is a common cause. Well, I swapped them out today and the machine ran great for a lot longer but it still fouled the plugs.
I’m looking for some assistance as to what to check next. It’s still running on the gas I bought it with which the previous owner said he purchased at the marina on the lake he ran the machine on as well as the oil the po used which looks to be Amsoil Dominator racing 2 stroke oil. I do not think the type of oil is the culprit but would love for someone to tell me otherwise.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Yes I did, thank you though. So Saturday I checked the oil pump index marks(spot on), installed new plugs paying close attention to their gap (admittedly didn’t gap the first set, just slapped them in), filled it with fresh 93 octane, and set RAVE valves correctly(they were screwed down all the way) so the red was flush with housing. We took it out for about an hour and a half and it ran great the whole time. It was running just as strong when we came off the water as when we first launched. I’m still a bit skeptical but I’m hoping the combo of properly gapped plugs and new fuel solved the issue. I’ll report back after the next ride. Thanks again for the suggestion.

I think the RAVE valves and GAP onnplugs could have definitely been the issue. I have a 1999 GTX 787 that had similar issues and it turned out to be dirty injectors (Added Seafoam) and bad plug gap info (mine now at 0.020") and now she runs perfectly.

Also my engine spec is 87 octane for fuel says shop and owners manual. You may find better performance from regular fuel if you have the same engine.

I've also found they do seem to enjoy some WOT once properly warmed up or after some prolonged idle. My plugs now are a nice tan brown colour when before they were wet and fouling often!

Thanks, didn’t know they only required 87. I use 93 in all my small engines and power sports equipment.

This whole thing has me wondering if the injectors were ever bad in the first place or if it was just gap of the plugs. I call the injector swap preventative maintenance I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back