2000 gtx not starting help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

n1blink182fan2

Couldn't find the solution any where online so i thought i'd try this. My 2000 gtx millenium edition jetski will not start, all it does when i hit the start button is making a buzzing noise, almost like a fan. i'm assuming the starter isn't engaging. so anyone have any idea might be the problem? i haven't changed the battery since i bought it in 2006. thanks!

Have you *charged* the battery at all? This sounds very very much like a dead battery. If a full charge doens't fix it, replace the battery.

my dad had said he charged it, but i found it hard to believe that it had just stopped working without any other signs of problems. should i change the spark plugs too while i'm at it?

How long ago did you use it? Has it sat w/o use for a while or have you used it regularly and just found that it wouldn't start?

This shouldn't have anything to do with spark plugs and everything to do with starting power if you don't hear it turning over. Due to how old it is I wouldn't think the starter is dead (it could be, but I would be suprised), and would solely place blame on the batter for now.

Make sure it is charged properly, and if it isn't then replace it.

well it had sat in the water for a weekend and when my dad got back to our cottage he said it wouldn't start. today when i asked him he said it made a noise like a fan and it wouldn't start. he had taken the battery out to charge it. i don't know how long he had charged it for. what kind of battery would a 2000 gtx take anyway?

Was there extra water in the hull?

Double check the charge and try to start it yourself so you can answer first hand here. If you are going to replace, then get the same specs as the battery you pulled out. You can sometimes take it in with you and get a core credit if you trade it in with your purchase of a new battery.

Double check the sound yourself. If it makes a 'click' sound but doesn't turn over the engine, battery problem. If it makes beeps that you don't usually hear when starting, could be something else. And finally, if the engine does turn over but doesn't start, problems aren't battery as well.

Time for bed for me...good luck ;)

well, we took the spark plugs out and tryed just running it real quick, and water came flying out of there, at least 3 gallons worth, now what

Water and not fuel, right? Sounds like it was hydrolocked.

Did you try to put the plugs back in and start it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back