2000 gtx no spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bimmer

Hello guys I have a 2000 gtx carb, when I tried to start it only have a weak spark at the MAG cylinder, checked all connections, ignition coils, stator coil and all its ok, what could be the problem

+1 on a weak battery. It must read above 11 volts while engine is cranking. Also check the ground at the coils (the plate that the coils bolt down to. Sometimes the screws become loose and/or rust which causes a poor connection.

The square plug that connects to the rear electrical box is also known to corrode. Disconnect it and look for signs of corrosion and/or broken pins. A welding tip cleaner works well to clean the female connections and contact cleaner with a small wire brush/rag for the male prongs.

Clip the plug wires back 1/4'' and re-install the boots then re-check spark.

The battery its ok, and the rear electrical box with the connector its clean and no corrosion, the ski when cranking only have one weak spark and then nothing

What was the voltage of the battery while cranking with the plugs installed?
When checking for spark, Did you have both plugs out and laying on the engine in the caps?

Yes, just because the battery can turn it over doesn't mean it's okay. It's winter, batteries get low and are hard to start with weak power

+3 on the battery...considering everything else is clean and corrosion free.

If not the battery I would start by pulling each wire off the coils one at a time and put a test light on it and ground. If it light lights, check the other one. if both light, then its the coil.

If they dont light its either the pickup or MPEM.

the battery voltage is 11.5, and yes when checking for spark I have both plugs laying on the engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back