2000 gtx millennium edition port problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andygtx2000

So, I bought a 2000 sea doo gtx on Friday and it’s now Monday and I’ve already broke it. Let me explain, I took it out for a ride, was having fun until all of a sudden I stood up and the key came out of the port causing the ski to cut off. Now here comes the problem, when I went to put the key in I wasn’t getting a really good connection so I kept taking it out and turn it and would put it in, out of nowhere the port came unscrewed and pushed in. Do you think I ripped one of the wires when I was twisting the key trying to get a better connection? Or what could it be?

You probably just need to clean the post with soapy water and screw it back in. You shouldn’t have hurt anything.

You probably just need to clean the post with soapy water and screw it back in. You shouldn’t have hurt anything.
Let me add that now I put the key in and get nothing, sometimes it’ll light up the screen for a slight second but that’s all I get when inserting the key

You can take a bit of rubbing alcohol on a q-tip and clean the contacts inside the key. It’s losing contact with the post, and that’s why it’s giving you trouble. Worst case, the dealer can program a new key for you, but you’ll have to take the ski down there for them to do it...

You can take a bit of rubbing alcohol on a q-tip and clean the contacts inside the key. It’s losing contact with the post, and that’s why it’s giving you trouble. Worst case, the dealer can program a new key for you, but you’ll have to take the ski down there for them to do it...
So you say, clean the post with water and soap and the get a q-tip and with rubbing alcohol and clean the inside of the key? If that doesn’t work then I should contact someone to have a new key programmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back