2000 GTX Millenium Edition Bought....NOW I HAVE QUESTIONS LOL

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmeeder

ok i just purchased a 2000 GTX Millenium Edition, it has 25 hours on it (yes 25 hours, i bought it from one of my best friends. they never ride it. i have a 1999 GTI, and have been pretty pleased with it. what can i expect out of this new jet ski i bought. I am really worried about the 951 motor that is in it. I have heard nothing but bad things about this motor. If there is a problem is there any prevenative steps or anything i can do to keep me from having the hated 951 motor issue that i hear so much about? thanks for the information....

Good motor.....

The 951 is a good motor......so, I dont' know what your hearing "bad" about it. The DI models are a little sensitive, but for the most part, they are nice running motors.
Regular maintenance....? It's in the forum amongst many threads....

i talked to a jet ski repair shop that i have used for 5 years and they suggested that i didnt buy the jet ski i bought with the 951 motor. they said it is notorious for being bad, so i called a few sea doo dealerships, and they confirmed this. i then called 3 more jet ski repair shops across the state of alabama, and they all said this motor sucks. the ski i bought is a 2000 millenium edition gtx rx. its a one owner ski, the guy i bought it from is one of my best friends. he bought it brand new, the ski has 25 hours on it. thats not a typo either lol. he doesnt ride hardly ever. no issues of any kind period, it looks brand new. i just want to know why everyone i have talked to that are mechanics or sale jet ski's say that this motor is terrible.

It looks like you have 2 choices...keep it because you know the history of it and it is in fantastic shape, or sell it, as it is in fantastic shape with low hours on it. You have to be happy with your purchase. If your a Harley Davidson kinda guy, you'll never be happy on a Honda. Figure out what you really want, than make up your mind. Me, I don't own a PWC I own Jet Boats. I have owned over 18 pwc's in the past. Things change and you have to live with your decision no matter what anybody says.

i understand what your saying for sure. the ski seems great thats not the question. the question is what is the problem with the 951cc motor. why does it have such a bad reputation with all of the shops, dealerships, and people i have talked to about this motor?

im a bmw guy, i have a M3...and i have to drive a scion at work sometimes so trust me i know the difference between that scion and my M3 lol.

What exactly is all the hype about...what is "everybody" saying is bad? I think I would want a more discription than say that seadoo is not good...

Karl

they never said seadoo wasnt good, these are seadoo dealerships. they are saying that the 951cc motor that went into my jetski i guess through 97-2000 were bad motors. not reliable. known for going bad. i never said anyone i spoke with said seadoo wasnt good.

THE QUESTION IS WHAT IS UP WITH THE 951CC MOTOR???? WHY AM I HEARDING SO MANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THIS MOTOR???????

sorry for yelling but this is one hard forum to get an answer on. visit www.m3forum.com and you will see there is a vast difference in the answers you get and the knowledge is huge. i have searched this forum and found very little helpful with needing information on buying this jet ski, this motor, or anything useful for my research. please prove me wrong. i would love to stay with this forum and enjoy it, but so far its not looking promising and there is no way i would pay to be a member here, when i am seeing very little knowledge on a very simple question.

hope im not sounding like a jerk, but i have been a member of the m3forum and i guess i am spoiled there. thanks for the help hopefully.

Here is my point. I haven't heard anything "Bad" about the 951motor. You said "EVERYBODY" has something "bad to say". What is everybody saying?...bad crank, bad fuel consumption, bad noise,Bad head bolts breaking... bad what??????????? It is 1:29 AM. I'm sure tomorrow by late after noon I can put together lots of positive post that different members have had questions about and you can read them all, if you please. If you have a problem we can help. If you say it's just bad...what the heck does that mean? There are post on this site that go into very detailed information on the different injections systems and how they vary. A lot of members own that same engine with very few complaints.

There is nothing BAD about that motor.... what you are hearing is inexperienced shop personell that have a bad taste for first year introduction.

The problem is, in 1998 seadoo introduced the all neww 951 platform. they had some issues such as....

1.) intake was facing down in hull so when you got water in the ski it would be sucked into the intake and cause water injestion and eventually the crank would go bad and the cylinders got water washed causing siezures...

2.) The exhaust gasket directly oin top of the motor would leak forcing again water down the intake...

There were recals where the dealers did repairs such as replacing intake to a better system and placing a rubber diaper type thing around the exhaust coupler with a water drain on the bottom to direct water if it failed.

most of these issues were resolved in 1999 and 2000 so look around the pipe to header connection and see if you have the rubber diaper. if so I would assume you are fine.

I hope this is what you were asking about....

I missed something?

i talked to a jet ski repair shop that i have used for 5 years and they suggested that i didnt buy the jet ski i bought with the 951 motor. they said it is notorious for being bad, so i called a few sea doo dealerships, and they confirmed this. i then called 3 more jet ski repair shops across the state of alabama, and they all said this motor sucks. the ski i bought is a 2000 millenium edition gtx rx. its a one owner ski, the guy i bought it from is one of my best friends. he bought it brand new, the ski has 25 hours on it. thats not a typo either lol. he doesnt ride hardly ever. no issues of any kind period, it looks brand new. i just want to know why everyone i have talked to that are mechanics or sale jet ski's say that this motor is terrible.

So what was exactly was said? I'm as confused a Kustomkarl. The word BAD is a open general observation. I always heard it was a good running engine.

ScubaDoo

There is nothing BAD about that motor.... what you are hearing is inexperienced shop personell that have a bad taste for first year introduction.

The problem is, in 1998 seadoo introduced the all neww 951 platform. they had some issues such as....

1.) intake was facing down in hull so when you got water in the ski it would be sucked into the intake and cause water injestion and eventually the crank would go bad and the cylinders got water washed causing siezures...

2.) The exhaust gasket directly oin top of the motor would leak forcing again water down the intake...

There were recals where the dealers did repairs such as replacing intake to a better system and placing a rubber diaper type thing around the exhaust coupler with a water drain on the bottom to direct water if it failed.

most of these issues were resolved in 1999 and 2000 so look around the pipe to header connection and see if you have the rubber diaper. if so I would assume you are fine.

I hope this is what you were asking about....

BINGO...Thanks man. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back