2000 GTS Oil Pump Removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dneon95

Hey guys, this may have been asked before. I currently have the Oil Pump removed from my 2000 GTS and am waiting for the block off kit to come. I understand capping the two small oil lines, but what do I do with the main (larger) hose that goes back under the oil tank? I know the tank has to stay there to lube the valves, but what do I do with that line? Thanks!

I'm not sure why you want to remove the oil pump, there are a lot more reasons to leave the oil injection system in place than removing it, but it's your ski.

You will need to remove the oil pump, to remove the pump, remove the air box, spark arrestor and carburetors. Then remove the intake manifold/rotary valve cover. Remove the nylon gear on the back of the oil pump, then remove the oil pump. Install the block off plate and the two nipple block off's. Then re-assemble. If you remove the nylon gear from the back of the oil pump you can just leave the pump in place.

Also be sure to block off the supply line to the oil pump.

Lou

Attachments

• 100_0653.jpg
    100_0653.jpg
    834.7 KB · Views: 13
Thanks. The pump no longer works, and it's better just to remove it, then replace it and watch it fail again and destroy the engine. It's a good thing I caught it in the first place. I would say the majority of the older SeaDoos out there, have it removed. I already had everything removed as I said, my only question was what to do with the main oil hose coming in, which I guess i'll just block off somehow. Thanks!

I wasn't aware that the majority of older SeaDoo's have had the oil pumps removed, I think if you polled the members of this forum you would find that's not the case. You can just cap the main pump line where it comes out of the oil tank. It would have been a lot easier to install the block off plate when you removed the pump.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, It seems to be a common problem where they go bad. All of this forum and others. I bought the Jet Ski a few weeks ago and after a couple tanks, realized the oil had not moved. I had to rebuild the carbs and do some other work so figured it's easier to block it off. I did buy a block off kit, but still need to cap off that main line.

The common problem is lack of maintenance, change the oil filter annually and the injector lines every 2-3 years and it will last the life of the ski. The pump itself is very reliable, personally I've never had one fail.

Just get a 5/16" caplug, or a vinyl end cap from the hardware store and cap off the tap going to the oil pump.

Lou

Attachments

• 100_0582.JPG
    100_0582.JPG
    925.2 KB · Views: 6
Yeah i'm sure it wasnt maintained by the last owner, which is why I am doing all this work. He said the pump was working when he used it last year. It has not since I have had it. I could try and put it back on. Is there a way to test if it's working, while it's off?

Kevin

Try a cordless drill on the end of the shaft, with a price of line into some injector oil. Hold the pump wide open and turn the drill on. Make sure you have the drill in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back