2000 GTi will not crank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mlitt12345

I'm getting 2 beeps when i apply my starter lanyard then I attempt to start the engine the starter engages and starts to turn over the engine but i get a immediate 1 beep and the starter quits and i have to take my starting lanyard back off and on to try again or i keep getting the same 1 beep. and it does this over and over. I'm lost the battery is new and fully charged. If I take the spark plugs out of the engine and attempt start, the starter turns the engine over fine. I'm lost.........this ski was running fine before I changed my inline oil filter and my fuel filter screen.........I did bleed the oil line at the oil pump and i checked the compression of the engine while i had the plugs out and the front cyl had 145psi and the back cyl has 155 psi........anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks Mike

my 99 gti is doing the exact same thing. just installed new battery. two beeps this morning started cranking but let go of button because engine started to catch then pushed it again and two very slow cranks then stoped to one single beep. good chance it is a loose connection somewhere? Mike where was your loose connection at exactily the line from the box by the battery to the starter? you described to the t what my problem is with mine.

Check the red wire to the starter. I would also check both the wires at the battery. Does the ground wire have a good connection? follow it from the battery to the end and check the connection. It must be a bad wire connection somewhere.

Karl

it was the red positive wire going to the starter, the connection at the starter was a tad loose......tightened it up and presto........check all your connections like karl said its got to be either your positive or ground, also check your batt wires for corrosion at ends this could possibly be the culprit especially if you ride in salt enviroment.......

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back