2000 GTI 717 Wear ring and impeller install in Central IL

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gtr86

Have a 2000 GTI and we are doing a pump maintenance, new impeller and wear ring replacement, we removed all parts and had the drive shaft straightened too as it was bent, old impeller and rough and wear ring was bad too. We are putting it all back together and when we tried to tighten down the pump to the back of the ski it bottoms out now like the driveshaft is too long, we bought a SBT White Wear Ring and foam looking gasket came with it and bought a new Solas Impeller. When we tighten down the pump in the last few turns the pump locks up like it is too tight in length. Could the white SBT wear ring be too short, seams like the pump housing is off center towards the top when we tighten it down also, this was a running system beforehand and we tore it down as it had a vibration and figured to do updates. Any ideas? I did remove the Solas Impeller and reinstall the old impeller to make sure the new impeller was not too long or something weird. I ordered an original ring from the dealer Saturday, as this white one was loose going in and has no lip. Anyone have the dimensions of what a ring needs to be or anything we are missing? Could the pump housing be tweeked, as one of the fins has a good sized chunk out of it too?

Any shops besides the main dealer in Peoria Hts that carries parts around me on here that may have input?

Make sure your splines are lined up on the pto and the Solas.
Also There is a thrust washer in the pump that must be dead center when putting the impeller on but if it is off, the impeller locks up and you usually notice this before putting the pump on the boat.

The driveshaft is locked back in and carbon ring and boot is all back in place like it should be. Yes the washer is in it place too as if its not the cone will not go on as the anti rattle system will bind up, been there. thinking its that ring as when I pulled the pump out the impression it made on the foam gasket they sent me was off center towards to top, almost like the ring was too small and going into hull on one lip surface.

Try it without. Mine does not have one but really, that should make more space between the impeller and the pto. Are you reaching underneath the pump and making sure the shaft is going into the solas and splines are meshing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back