2000 GSX RFI Will Not Start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schofi2016

Hello, just bought my first Seadoo. Got two issues.
First, the person I purchased it from suggested putting a small amount of oil in the gas in the event the oil pump every went out. I think that has caused a problem with blue smoke coming out and not going very fast.

Second issue is it sat with a new battery for the last few days. I tried to start it and it almost turned over. Then nothing, no click, nothing, sound of waves only. Checked battery and it reads 15.42. Should be enough to kick it over.
Opened a connection compartment in the rear and the bottom plug (which looks like a headlight connection) was not in place tight, disengaged but in place.

I can change and check items as soon as I can get it out of the water. Need to tow it to the launch.

Pincher the water inlet hose from jetpump to engine (#2 in microphish) before you
tow the ski, or you risk filling the engine lower crankcase with water.

First off, the RFI being fuel injected is not designed to be premixed. The fuel injectors are only designed for fuel to pass through them. Secondly, I would suspect a faulty starter.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/seadooforums/Seadoo_oem/Seadoo_PWC.asp?Type=13&A=77&B=8

If you've got voltage problems on your DI or RFI powered Sea Doo, it’s usually due to a bad rectifier. An indication of a bad rectifier could be "12V Low" indicated on the display or a battery that won’t stay charged. The original rectifier on those models wasn’t strong enough and those skis use lots of power so a stock regulator doesn't last long.:eek:

Click on Seadoowarehouse, or go to regulatorrectifiers.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back