2000 951cc SeaDoo 2-Stroke XP AIR BUBBLE IN OIL LINE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScoobyDoojim

2000 951cc SeaDoo 2-Stroke XP AIR BUBBLE IN OIL LINE

A friend of mine was riding the XP high end for about 30 minutes and making really steep zig-zag turns down the mighty Colorado river last summer, then he told me the engine shut off, he tried to re-start and heard clapping sound from the pistons. He thinks maybe an air bubble got into the oil line on one of these steep turns and threw out a bearing. :mad:

Do you think this could be a minor re-build, or is it advisable just to go to Bombardier in Toronto, Canada and order a new Short block and change it out, without the possibility of somehow getting Chinese parts, which I have been told are not as good as OEM.

My Local dealer said they would charge $1750.00 for short block, plus $700.00 for a core charge (I might get this charge back after they inspect my original block, to get credit)

Just wanted a few suggestions before I spend the money and time going through a vendor/dealership to buy a block from BRP Canada. What else could be the problem when air gets into the line? Thank you lots!

(Is it SUMMER YET? It's always HOT somewhere. :cool:

I dont see anyway for that to happen. I maybe wrong but i dont think so. No oil lines came off or are cracked? Is the oil pump still working properly? Hard to tell if its a easy rebuild or not till you get it apart. Take the head off and take a look at the pistons.

That pretty much could never happen. The tank would be pretty much empty.

Then it would be b/c he just ran it out of oil. More than likely though it just let go and he happened to be riding.

Yep... what they said.

When the engine is running, the oil flowing into the injection system is slow. SO... it would have to run upside down at full throttle of a couple minutes to get a "Killer" air bubble in the oil system.

Riding S-turns still keeps positive g-force on the ski, and would keep the oil system fed. If there is a big bubble in the feed hose, then there is either a leak, or the tank was VERY empty. BUT, most likely, the engine just gave up. (it happens)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was unaware a 'new' short block was that price... interesting.

Remove the head and get some pics. also if you remove the RAVE system you should be able to see inside the engine a bit.

Its very easy to just take the head off....but yes if you take the valves out and with a pen light you can see in there pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back