2000 240 Islandia Dies in Mid Throttle.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ademan

This is my first season with the boat. I but it in the water. Idles great. Throttle to 2500 is stable and smooth. Above this it dies like no fuel. Starts right back up at idle. If you power quickly thru the idle to full the boat powers up to 5-6 K and on plane will hold smooth power for long periods of time. When powering back if you go to mid throttle the boat just dies. If you move it immediately back to idle from full the motor just powers down smoothly to idle.

I have changed fuel filters (2), fuel pump screen in the vapor tank, float and needle, plugs, Fuel Baffle (bad) sender. I have changed Pump Oil and changed a hanging shift cable just out of maintenance.

It feels to me like the TBS has a dead spot. It is a three wire unit. I see a voltage meter check in the manual using a special voltage meter.

Does anyone have the resistance that this thing should be disconnected and unpowered? idle, 1/4, Mid, 3/4 and Full throttle position. I would think I can test it like a car unit. It is just very pricely to start swapping parts.

Any other suggestions, I saw something about the neutral safety switch but believe that I would not be able to power over this. I also saw something about a port side cylinder temp sender.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thank you again, Tony

Well I was hoping for someone with the same problem. I dove in and changed the TPS not knowing what a good one was to do. I did know it was to be smooth from one end to the other with the throttle movement and mine was not. It was expensive but every now and than you win one for the team. I just got back in from changing and adjusting the TPS. Boat is wonderful as I had hoped. I was moving thru the throttle positions without effort or concern once I got out into the lake.

Thank you all as I had read about a hundred posts of others looking for the obvious items others had gone with before I went out and spent big money for the TPS. This one fixed the problem.

Thank you again, Tony

WAJetboating just posted on 8-11-11 with a new discovery that sounds like your problem. There is a black module on the drivers side under the compartment that lifts out. He did a lot of experimenting to solve this problem. He came up with a simple solution. Why don't you cut and paste his solution so everyone can see it. Some people might be missing it like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back