200 HP or 240 HP ? plus oil question. Newbe stuff.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatsink56

Greetings all. so here Is my question. I was under the impression that my utopia is 200HP, but when I got it back from the boat shop. I noticed that the paper work they listed my utopia as the 240HP. Is there a site I can enter my motor SN and find out for sure what it is? also I got the service manual and was reading what type of oil to use wal mart has 4 different types of quicksilver. which one would you get?

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    758.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    829.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    694.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    794.7 KB · Views: 26
Yes there is somewhere on a Mercury website to enter your engine SN and it will tell you exactly what it is. Can't find it on mobile at the moment but take a look on mercurymarine.com. What is your SN?

Use the Premium 2-Stroke, notice it says TCW-3 in the corner, that's the important bit, you could use the synthetic blend version but why? Not worth saving a few bucks.

looking on mercury web site.. i'm 99 percent sure its a 200 DFI M2 jet drive (pump)

well correction..
based on the parts catalog on merc web site..
i'm pretty sure its the 200 DFI.
but don't know if its the … or know the difference between these ...

Jet drive ( power head)
jet drive (pump)
M2 jet drive (power head)
M2 jet drive (pump)

all of these fall in my SN range. ;(
I sent a email to merc support we will see what they say.

Last edited:
My understanding is all Seadoo jet boats had M2 engines. The power head is the 2-stroke engine unit, and the pump is the jet drive pump. So you would click on "200 DFI M2 jet drive (power head)" to find parts.

Hope that helps.

I was looking as well and also noticed that some of the 250hp engines could also fall under your SN but I don't think they were ever put into that year/model of boat. Maybe Mercury will reply with an answer.

thanks Tupperwolf, I have not got a response yet on the second question. the first question they responded with its a 200DFI 2.5L optimax. so guess either I didn't ask the question good enough or they misunderstood and not sure how to answer it?

well here is what Merc replyed with on the second email...

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your Mercury engine, serial # 0E412092 . We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

Your engine has the M2 PowerHead designation. The difference between the M2 powerhead/pump and the Jet powerhead/pump was just a upgraded pump and the compatibility between that and the powerhead. Newer versions have since lost the M2 designation because it has become standard.

We hope this information is helpful to you. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Service department at 920-929-5040 between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, CST.

Sincerely,

Mercury Outboard Customer Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back