2-stroke oil Question.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tcole503

Ive got a 97 gtx 787. I needed to add oil and only option at the time was some polaris 2 stroke snomobile oil. I've ran it a little and ever since adding the oil I have a random miss under load and is really noticeable in the top end at WOT at 7k that's when you really hear it miss. I've pulled the plugs and they look like they are getting too much oil. My question is because this is cold weather oil and i'm assuming its a bit thinner can my mixer (it's adjusted correctly) be injecting just a little too much causing a slight miss. Or am I over thinking it and need to look at ignition. Any help is better then none. Thanks for your time.

Noooooooooooo! You really need to drain and flush the entire oil system, then add synthetic blend at the least, full synthetic recommended. Lesser oils will gum up your RAVE valves. Flush, refill (DO NOT MIX OIL TYPES), and pull the raves for cleaning.

That's kinda what I was thinking. The oil that I did add is full synthetic its for their new sleds so its high quality stuff just not made for my engine. Thank you for the help though I really appreciate it. It's coincidental I was cleaning the rave valves today and was thinking these things are nasty, I got all done and read your post. HAH thanks again.

tcole, yes drain and replace all your old oil with BRP full synthetic for the 787 motor. Since you are down there replace your small oil line from the tank to the pump and from the pump to the cylinders. They are 16 yrs old and starting to get brittle.

Unlike automotive oils... 2-stroke oils don't always mix. SO... even if the oil doesn't kill the engine... it may not mix with what you have in there... and it can plug the system. (causing a failure)

Drain, purge, clean, refill, if you don't want to have a dead engine.

So ummm.....Anyone mix Seadoo Full Synthetic with the quicksilver full synthetic? I am currently running the Seadoo oil, but this coming weekend I may only be able to find a Walmart and not a seadoo dealer for the real deal. I know the Seadoo oil is preferred but can I use the other stuff for a weekend without a full drain fill?

Anyone have some actual experience with both oils and mixing them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back