2 different looking impellers on a speedster???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bradm

Hello all, I just bought a 95 speedster. From a visual inspection looking into the impellers from the grate I can see that the 2 impellers are quite different from each other. One is dull and has very flat blades, it looks like the picture in the shop manual. The other has very curved blades. It looks allot like a normal outboard prop. Did someone put on an after market impeller? Is this OK or not? Any thoughts? Also can anyone tell me where I can find an owner's manual for this boat? I already have the service Manuel. I included the pictures of the impellers. Thanks

Attachments

• curvy.jpg
    curvy.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 48
  • flat.jpg
    flat.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 49
The shiny one is a Solas aftermarket one and the dull one is stock. It would work better if you had another Solas impeller.

Chester

Isn't that what I told you earlier this week in a different thread? Please don't double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally someone gets why we shouldn't double post...that's why they get deleted each time it's caught, like 40 a week in season...but sometimes some get missed.

Karl

Sorry

Sorry I made a mistake, I have only been a member here for a week or so. I didn't notice your response at the time I posted the new one. I thought it would make sense to start a new thread with a title that actually related to the question I was asking anyways for future forum searches. I As I said before, thanks for your input Tony. Feel free to delete whatever you need to.

No big deal!....

Sorry I made a mistake, I have only been a member here for a week or so. I didn't notice your response at the time I posted the new one. I thought it would make sense to start a new thread with a title that actually related to the question I was asking anyways for future forum searches. I As I said before, thanks for your input Tony. Feel free to delete whatever you need to.

It's not a really big deal but it can become confusing. So, in the future, if you post in an area that you feel is not getting results because you might have threaded in the wrong topic, PM a mod and tell us that you'd like to move the thread. If you accidentally opened a second one, we'll merge the two together.

But, please PM us so we can keep the confusion down.

Some of our mechanics like PWCdoc, Chester and Dr. Honda come in to help and have a limited amount of time to be here, so I think you can understand the importance of them reading or answering a post twice. It takes away from someone else he could be working with.

I understand the newbie, as does Dr. Honda. But please, make us aware with a PM and we'll be more than happy to help you out.........:cheers:

wrong Solas impeller installed

I have been looking into upgrading the OEM impeller to match it to the Solas on the other side. I used a small camera to read the model of the Solas impeller without removing it. It is a SD-CD 14/22 (it is installed on the left side). On the impeller chart on Solas's web page they list a SD-SC-A(13-18) for right and SD-SC-B(14-19) for left for the 95 Speedster. When increasing throttle on the boat I can tell the Solas impeller loads the engine much more than the stock. the RPMs are about 1000 to 1500 lower on the Solas side. I think at WOT the OEM side was hitting 7000 RPM while the Solas side was a little lower around 6500 I think. My top speed is lower than it should be I think, I'm getting only 45 mph on GPS. I would like to upgrade only the OEM side and keep the SD-CD 14/22 on the other side. What do you guys think? Is the SD-CD 14/22 at all close to what should be in there or is it way off? What would be a good match for the other side? Thanks.

I did

I emailed them and they were of no use at all. The only thing the guy told me was my boat is supposed to have a SD-SC-A(13-18) for right and SD-SC-B(14-19) for the left. Gee thanks guys, I already knew that.

Have you tried to call them on the phone and speak to someone in service. It might be better to speak to someone and explain your problem and see what is recommended.

Karl

Call Dave at Impros. He should be able to help and I can gauranteed his price for the Solas impeller will be less.

909-793-2900

I have been looking into upgrading the OEM impeller to match it to the Solas on the other side. I used a small camera to read the model of the Solas impeller without removing it. It is a SD-CD 14/22 (it is installed on the left side). On the impeller chart on Solas's web page they list a SD-SC-A(13-18) for right and SD-SC-B(14-19) for left for the 95 Speedster. When increasing throttle on the boat I can tell the Solas impeller loads the engine much more than the stock. the RPMs are about 1000 to 1500 lower on the Solas side. I think at WOT the OEM side was hitting 7000 RPM while the Solas side was a little lower around 6500 I think. My top speed is lower than it should be I think, I'm getting only 45 mph on GPS. I would like to upgrade only the OEM side and keep the SD-CD 14/22 on the other side. What do you guys think? Is the SD-CD 14/22 at all close to what should be in there or is it way off? What would be a good match for the other side? Thanks.

No need to phone Solas. You answered your question in your own post. You have to put in the SD-SC-A(13-18) for right and SD-SC-B(14-19) for left. You said yourself that the SD-CD 14/22 is loading the engine too much. The pitch is too high and it's slowing you down. Replace both with the right ones and sell the ones you have in there.

Chester

I emailed them and they were of no use at all. The only thing the guy told me was my boat is supposed to have a SD-SC-A(13-18) for right and SD-SC-B(14-19) for the left. Gee thanks guys, I already knew that.

That's the info you need.

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back