1st or 2nd edition Speedster 200....BRP was no help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sno-Xr

Ok, so Ive searched the site the best I can without any solid answers as to which edition 04 Ster 200 I have. I know the obvious tell tale sign is the exhaust and the HIN number, problem is, that according to my HIN I have a 2nd edition but according to my exhaust, I have a first edition. I ordered 1st ed. wear rings based on my exhaust(before I knew about the HIN) and they were the wrong ones, so plan to exchange them next week to verify that my pumps are 2nd ed.
So the big question.....is there anyone on here that is, or has access to, BRP personnel that could verify what I have. Neither my dealer nor BRP customer service were able too! Which I was pretty disappointed that BRP couldnt?!?! Seems like they would have access to build sheets or original orders of ALL their products produced.
Im guessing I have a crossover between the 2, but would like to know what other differences were made so I can be sure to order correct parts in the future.

Any help would be great.
Thanks and happy boating, Sno

Anyone have info on these mismatched cross breads of the 1st and 2nd edition 04 Speedster 200's?
Anyone have inside connections to BRP build sheets that might show what is what on my boat?

The oldest product brochures I have are from 2007.

I contacted Sea-doo for compliance letter when I imported mine from Canada.
>>>The compliance letter has the model year and manufacture date

Here's a thread on HIN decoding that should you production month/year: HIN Lookup

What do you know about the differences between 1st and 2nd editions?
>>>Are they just a mid-year production shift?

Thanks for the HIN look up link.
Im unsure of all the differences, but some of them include, two completely different exhaust systems and different Jet pump assembly.
Would like to know all the differences so I can tell what parts I have to order when I have an issue.
My exhaust is 1st edition, my jet is 2nd edition and its anyones guess on the rest of the parts! Lol. BRP and my dealer both said my HIN states my boat is a 2nd edition, but is clearly a bastard child between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back