1999 SPX with frozen impeller and broken drive shaft

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jas6199

This 99 SPX came with the lakehouse I recently bought, obviously the previous owner did not take care of it and it appeared it had been left in water for quite some time. I have cleaned and put new gaskets on carbs, drained the oil and gas tanks and put in fresh. Don't ask why guess cause I am new to ski's but I did not even check the jet pump before getting the ski running. Anyway what I found is the impeller was rusted up, was completely against the wear ring and the driveshaft of course was snapped at the impeller. I believe with the how to's and youtube video's I can fix it myself but I'm honestly not all together sure of the minor parts, gaskets, clamps, o-rings, etc.. that I need to purchase to go along with the new wear ring, impeller, and driveshaft that I obviously need to fix it. I'm also concerned as to whether I will even be able to get the old impeller out with it being is such bad shape. The final question is the nozzle has lots of scale build up from sitting it the water for so long, best bet for cleaning that off short of just good ole elbow grease? Any help with a list of parts I need to obtain would be greatly appreciated...

best bet i guess, is just pull the pump assy, only takes about 20 minutes, diasseble, post some pics and we can see what ur talking about,

Welcome to the forum. You have quite a job on your hands.

if you find you can't "undo" the stuck parts. We have a few people on here that can sell you the whole shi-bang. It's minnetonka4me or his brother 99spxxx, plus i think ski-d00 has parts also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back