1999 seadoo xp limited won't start.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattry

I am looking to buy a friends seadoo xp. he flipped it last year and ever since then it hasn't started. today I went to go look at it, put the dess key in and I heard no beeps. left my finger on the start/stop button and I heard a 4 second beep followed by 2 beeps moments later.. I checked the front electrical box and all fuses were good. is there anything I should do to get it to start up? what do you think the problem is? I'm headed back tomorrow to do some more follow up tests (see if engine turns freely, check fuses in rear, use different battery)..my friend wants 1000 including trailer. besides for some scratches on the bottom hull and tear in the seat, its in fairly good condition.. help?

Does it even try to roll over? Look up seadoo beep codes and you will know what code its throwing.

all I would hear is something in the rear engaging and the vts needle on the dash would go all the way up. if I'm not mistaken I think 3 beeps means mpem is bad.. I'm trying to avoid buying that but if its the case then I have to do it..

Well... one long, and 2 shorts would tell me that the MPEM can't read the lanyard.

If you are thinking about buying it.

1) Remove the spark plugs, and look for rust on them
2) Remove the gray cover behind the engine, and try to turn the PTO (little flywheel) by hand. If it was flipped, the engien could be full of water, and if it wasn't started after... that engine will be dead. If it turns over smooth, and no roughness is felt... then it's OK.
3) Take it to a dealer, and have them try to reprogram the lanyard. Their computer will tell you if the MPEM is still good. (It will cost you about $30)

Before going to the dealer... make sure the battery is good. A weak battery will cause all kinds of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back