1999 seadoo gtx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelpeel1

Hey guys new here just purchased my first jet ski 1999 seadoo gtx as a project I’m a big diy person, I picked this ski up a couple days ago for a great deal and the previous owner said it had some electrical issue but wasn’t sure and didn’t want to deal with it so what’s happening is no beep no start and no gauge readings almost as if it had no power but battery is good I went ahead and replaced the entire starter solenoid box because previous owner had wires cut and all kind of crazy so the box came with new everything fuses starter solenoid and all I got it all hooked up and still nothing but if you jump the starter solenoid it will turn over motor looks and sounds good but won’t start when I pulled the plugs it didn’t seem to be getting spark but I’ve read that could be because of the security with the key post but not sure I’m stuck any advise or tips to help solve this electrical issue

I just purchased a 1999 GTX also and have sort of the same issue. The seller said he replaced the battery and it will start properly for a time or two but after that only the gauges come on. If I turn the battery disconnect off and wait about half an hour it will start again. It seems like the battery isn't recharging during use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back