1999 Seadoo GTX RFI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrett8

Im currently wanting to purchase a jetski but i have never had one. I have a boat and know a lot about boats but i dont know a whole lot about jetski's. A guy has a 1999 gtx rfi and he has about 60 ski's total. He bought out a dealership and works on them regularly. He said with the gtx he is changing something on the rotary valve because it wasn't reaching its top speed. And he's saying this should fix it. I was wondering if that mean something else could be wrong or anything? It has about 138 hours on it which is pretty low. I was just needing some opinions on it. Also he has a 1997 gtx and I was wondering which you think would be better?

i had a 99 gtx rfi 2 years ago and honestly not a good ski i had alot of problems with it .had about 200 hours with a rebuild and wen i was breaking it in it blew on me and so did the crankshaft.and it wasted more gas than my 96 spx.you should get the 97 gtx more reliable than the rfi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back