1999 seadoo gsx limited

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all i need some advice. i found a 1999 gsx limited that has supposedly been converted to fuel injected rx-di motor from a 2000 gsx-l. it is being sold as-is none running without trailer for 1000. so my questions are:

has anyone eveyone ever done/heard of this conversion and how did it go?

and

is it worth going after? (i have to drive 4 hours to get it)

thank you for all your help in advance! :cheers:

Just my opinion here.... I'm personally scared of conversions that do run. Getting a conversion thats not running is really scary. I would keep shopping if it where me.

I wound't touch it. A non-running Di engine will be a nightmare. It could cost WAY more than it's worth to get it going again. That's probably why the person who owns it is selling it.

Honestly.... it's a parts ski. Unless you are into parting out skis... it's not worth the drive.

I have been known to buy skis, just to part out... and I wouldn't touch that one.

Just my 2 cents.

thanks for the quick replies. i just got off the phnoe with the guy and he said it was running last summer. but has been out in the weather since, no cover. it was just re painted and has 150 psi compression on both cyl. i would be heading that way wed. for a concert and figured that i really could not go wrong for the price. i thought if worse really came to worse i could my money back out of it in parts... tho i am sceptical if someone who sometimes buys ski's to part say to to beware lol.

p.s. the hual was just professally repainted this winter. and looks great. so would the guy really dump money in for that if it was a hunk? angain thanks for the help.

thanks for the quick replies. i just got off the phnoe with the guy and he said it was running last summer. but has been out in the weather since, no cover. it was just re painted and has 150 psi compression on both cyl. i would be heading that way wed. for a concert and figured that i really could not go wrong for the price. i thought if worse really came to worse i could my money back out of it in parts... tho i am sceptical if someone who sometimes buys ski's to part say to to beware lol.

p.s. the hual was just professally repainted this winter. and looks great. so would the guy really dump money in for that if it was a hunk? angain thanks for the help.

non-running without a trailer... doesnt sound like a good deal

whats wrong with it? if he said it has perfect compression, where is the problem? fuel injection?

i think he's just selling it like that due to it being left out an not run for a while. idk like i said i'm going down there this web. (i'm going to the area to see a concert so i'm not really going out of my way for it.) and see it in person he sent me a pic of the hual. i really am torn its a good looking ski and i have always want a gsx-l. we'll how i feel when i check it out in person. i know somethings to look for on a carb model but what should i look for on the rx-di?

pics i have been sent.

Attachments

• 3ma3o53le5Z65P55R5b1r386c98bb3d5115eb.jpg
    3ma3o53le5Z65P55R5b1r386c98bb3d5115eb.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 3nc3k83m35O55Q15T3b1r67bb0d78b0791426.jpg
    3nc3k83m35O55Q15T3b1r67bb0d78b0791426.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 3k83p33oa5O65Q65X6b1r3403fbc655891079.jpg
    3k83p33oa5O65Q65X6b1r3403fbc655891079.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 30
Status