1999 Sea Doo XP Limited Wire Trouble

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrison72

So I’ve been trying to get my 1999 Sea Doo XP Limited, I tried to get it started but it will only cherp and beep when I click it to start and the engine wouldn’t fire. I started looking around in it and found that the wires were chewed. Does anyone know what wires these are and where I can get new ones? Thanks.D41E59A5-1C41-40B6-8E1B-6BACB1B6F6FC.jpeg

Clean it up and solder them together and then use heatshrink on top of them. Use a heat shrink with glue in it to make sure you get a good seal.
Also disconnect the battery while your doing it.

Welcome. It's not that bad since you have lots of wire in that area to work with.

Yep, get some heat-shrink tubing from harbor freight of the diameters you need, 25-30 Watt soldering iron with rosin core solder, wire cutters, wire strippers. cut the tie-wraps, take the bundle apart cut, strip straighten and pre-tin the wires with solder slide the heat shrink tubing over making sure it's adequately long to cover the bare wire well, splice using western electric style splice and resolder. Position the heat shrink to cover the splice and heat it using an electric heat gun

I think you can do a good job if you take your time.

Heat the wires and touch solder to those wires, heating solder and globbing it on MAY hold wires together... long enough to get in the middle of the lake, but you want electrical connection in addition to mechanical connection, soldering paste helps clean, and applying solder to each wire end 1st will improve you chances of a quality connection. Don't forget to slide heatshrink on wire before you do the perfect soldering job, I get leg cramps from kicking myself in the ass so much. Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back