1999 gtx rfi engine problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

qsaghar

This ski would crank up and run great in the water for about 10 minutes, then die. Try to restart and it would crank very slowly and not fire up. Took it to local Seadoo dealer who said one of the cylinders was scuffed, and after running for a while, piston was seizing up in this cylinder; he wanted to put in a new engine or rebuild the old one for about $3K!!! I bought an oversize piston kit, had the head bored out to match oversize kit, reassembled the engine. The engine starts up fine, but theres an internal rattling noise fron motor, like its not lubricating properly. I bled out oil pump line, it appears to be working OK. Should I add 2-cycle oil to gas to break in new pistons, or will it clog up the injectors? What could the rattling noise be from?:confused:

You might want to add some extra oil to break it in. That rattling noise isn't good...did you find out what caused the engine to seize before you just replaced the top end? If not you, headed to the same problem again till you correct the problem.

Karl

:confused:Engine was not seized, it started up and ran OK, when cold, just started binding and quit after running in water for a while. Tech at dealer said, the cylinders were scuffed and worn out. has anyone experienced a similar problem? perhaps the engine needs crankcase oil changed. Does this engine have oil in crankcase and a drain plug?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back