1999 gsx limited no power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

73fbird

Hey guys I just bought this 1999 GSX Limited haven't had it in the water yet. I had it running earlier today, then I decided to do some cleaning in the engine bay. Anyways I saw that the VTS connector was disconnected so I connected it. Now when I plug in the lanyard it does nothing no beeps nothing. I called the local Sea-doo shop and they said that it's a bad VTS motor and that I blew the 15amp fuse in the back "box". The fuse wasn't blown, but I replaced it anyways. Still Nothing. If you guys could help me out that would be awesome thanks. Kent

first un-plug the vts again. then see what you've got. most like;y there is a short in the vts sytem that made the 5 amp mpem fuse blow. to replace it find your front e-box and open it. unplug the vts, replace fuse then tell us what happens.

I unplugged the VTS. Are you talking about the box with the coils in it. if so I replaced that fuse and still nothing

no. at the front of the ski near the gas tank, is a white box. this box houses the mpem and and some other fuses. if there is a 5 amp blown in that box that is your issue. it might be easier to get to from the storage compartment. should be on the port side of the ski.

no elec box on the gsxl, it has the newer style MPEM. open the hood, take out the storage bin, you'll see the black box with 3 wire harnesses coming out of it, that's the MPEM and the fuses are under a black cap where you have to squeeze the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back